Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • IT – Xp Home edition
  • fannybaws
    Free Member

Hi

can anyone help with the difference between xp home and pro? all the xp netbooks seem to have home edition rather than pro. from memory the differnec is some networking type stuff but i cant remeber the detail. What will i not beable to do with home edition? i have legit office software that i can install etc but is there anything more fundamental i will need to do for exchange and the like?

Cheers

samuri
    Free Member

there’s an absolute truck load of differences. It’s not just networking. However, as a brief summary….

Most TCP services are disabled in Home. Home has extremely poor security, i.e. none. No domain connections (which will probably screw up your exchange desires), no power users, no remote access, no management functions, no encryption.

It’s bobbins and I wouldn’t even start trying to use it in an enterprise environment.

samuri
    Free Member
    Shakey
    Free Member

To answer your questions fannybaws XP Home will do what you want i.e. it will connect to your Broadband and all MS Office stuff will work.

Samuri is correct that it is not a patch on Pro but I am sure you will be fine from home as long as you are behind a wireless router and have decent security packages i.e. AVG and Spybot

fannybaws
    Free Member

cheers samuri

i think i need pro for decent integration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘IT – Xp Home edition’ is closed to new replies.