• This topic has 19 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • It was so much fun last time, so: COTSWOLD POOTLE JAN'13, save the date…
  • IHN

For those few, that happy few, that band of brothers (and one sister) that M’d (and W’d) TFU on Saturday, and weren’t scared of a bit of water, it was much more fun than riding round in the rain should have been. There was cake, there was surprisingly little mud, there were mahoosive puddles and there was the nearest thing to skiing that I’ve done on a bike 🙂

So, let’s do it all again. Venue TBC, but for now, and keeping in the tradition of pootling on the last weekend of the month, put Sunday 27th January in your diary.

As always, we will be observing The Rules of Pootle as laid down by His Pookness (peace be upon him).

1) if you’re fast, hold the gates and count the folks through
    2) if you’re slow – have something to talk about with the other 20 people with you
    3) bring cake

Pootles aren’t a typical ‘group ride’. I started them ‘cos I hated being the person at the back. I wanted a group ride for the people at the back. There aren’t any people at the back in a pootle.

binners

I is in! Can you order the tropical weather in for me this time please?

IHN

I did this time, and you didn’t show 😉

nbt

I shall moslty be skiing in Val Despair on that date. No matter, I’m sure you;ll cope. I know I will 😀

IHN

I did it on a Sunday for you an’all, ya bugger 🙄

IHN

Friday morning bump.

Probably going to ride from Northleach. Probably.

IHN

Friday afternoon bump.

rOcKeTdOg

After last time, no promises 😉

I really orta sort a NW Alps pootle at some point

IHN

Weekly bump.

Full details to follow in the New Year.

crossland
    Free Member

I should be able to make this one.

mboy
    Free Member

I’m gonna follow rocketdog’s lead and be completely non committal, but am certainly registering my interest… If I come, will probably drag a few people with me.

Pook

Bloody hell! Pootles will start clashing soon!

rOcKeTdOg

I’m gonna follow rocketdog’s lead

it’s one of them extendable ones

mboy
    Free Member

Just checking Si… Is this still happening?

And if so, woukd you mind be bringing a few extra tag alongs?

tymbian
    Free Member

Where approx is the venue and is this an all-dayer?

Alex

I failed to make it about four years ago. I’ll try and make up for it by turning up this time. I shall be bringing my dirtworker and, if things don’t improve on the flooding front, my therapist 😉

IHN

Yep, still happening. Yep, all welcome, more the merrier.

Will probably be starting from the centre of Northleach, at about half ten. Will provide proper details nearer the time.

It’ll be very much about sort of in the region of around about three-ish hours riding give or take. Dependent on faffing, mechanicals, pace, shark attack, that sort of thing.

IHN

quick bump.

Full details to follow at the weekend.

rOcKeTdOg

*still monitoring*

IHN
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘It was so much fun last time, so: COTSWOLD POOTLE JAN'13, save the date…’ is closed to new replies.