Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • IT support… collaborating between Exchange and Google Apps (calendar)
  • poly
    Free Member

I work for an organisation which uses Google Apps Calendar (along with mail, drive etc). Within my organisation we can all see free/busy time for those we need to, even using Mac iCal.

We have a very close partner organisation who use Outlook with Exchange Server. Within their organisation they can see free/busy time for colleagues.

We are increasingly organising collaborative meetings between the two and it would be really useful for us to be able to see each other’s diaries in our own systems, i.e. in iCal I would be able to see someone in the other org’s Exchange calendar, and she would be able to see mine in her outlook.

Is this possible? Easy?

somouk
    Free Member

I’m sure on an individual basis you can share calendars… Large scale probably not.

poly
    Free Member

somouk… thanks an individual basis is probably fine there are probably only two or three people on each side who need to see the ‘other side’.

I know how to share my google calendar data so it is public . I’m not sure how the automatic “next available time” tools know where to ‘look’ for the data, using an email address? She doesn’t know how to share her calendar outside the organisation – although that could be a lack or knowledge or a ‘server security setting’.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘IT support… collaborating between Exchange and Google Apps (calendar)’ is closed to new replies.