Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • It makes my blood boil! (BBC content)
  • Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Get one in your car!!!

zokes
    Free Member

Not a great deal of point now, is there?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

6 music?
    [goes off to research]

Pieface

Wonder if there's any link between all these services being cut and a slight overspend?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/feb/25/bbc-under-fire-building-projects

Geronimo
    Free Member

Not a great deal of point now, is there?

If 6Music is cancelled then my Pure Highway will be redundant 🙄

When, however, the BBC Trust sees sense and gives 6Music a reprieve then it will remain a useful car accessory.

Did anybody see Mark Thompson on Channel 4 News? After Adam Buxton asked him for a fight, Mark Thompson waffled and hand-gestured ( he even did ""-marks with the fingers in a non-ironic way, haha) his way through an interview with an unsympathetic Jon Snow like a professor of 90s management-speak.

wonnyj
    Free Member

+1 everything neilforrow said.

The only reason I asked Santa for a DAB radio was so I could listen to 6music.

Houns

the one really irritating presenter has been shifted, the rest, like Lauren Lavern

What?! She is THE most irritating bint ever to grace the telly or radio box

CaptJon
    Free Member

I wonder if this is a big enough issue to influence the election. The Tories will put more pressure on the BBC if they win the election.

rOcKeTdOg

with 6 music gone what will the 35yo+ pretend they listen to now in a vain attempt to look cool and "with it"

700,000 listeners (i.e next to non compared to other staions) means it has to go, sound economics i'd say, my portion of the licence fee can be spent on something else please

warton
    Free Member

personally I love 6 music

Craig Charles – plays the best funk, brilliant for a sat night
    huey and then jarvis cocker on a sunday are perfect
    marc riley gets some really great bands in on a weekday to play live

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rocketdog, when you're finished spouting shit, on what should we spend your portion of the license fee? Just, so you know, it doesn't go on anything you find people might use to look cool.

zokes
    Free Member

the one really irritating presenter has been shifted, the rest, like Lauren Lavern

What?! She is THE most irritating bint ever to grace the telly or radio box

What, not Moyles? the ginger one? Woss? Clarkson? Strange strange boy…

700,000 listeners (i.e next to non compared to other staions) means it has to go, sound economics i'd say, my portion of the licence fee can be spent on something else please

RD clearly left his brain elsewhere today. The BBC is precisely about this sort of station. Waydio Wun is the one they need to shunt. It all but is a commercial station, full of idiots talking lots, and plenty of adverts, just for BBC things. Most 'listeners' simply wouldn't notice the difference if those adverts were swapped out for double glazing r us…

dogmatix

There seems to be increasing pressure from corporates to reduce the size and influence of the BBC. Spearheaded by the Murdochs and their various media outlets. I think they genuinely see an oppotunity to bring the BBC to an end and they will do everything they can to bring that about (with much political lobbying, particularly aimed at the conservatives).

If your happy having your ideas spoon fed to you by the Sun and Sky then these are good times. If you think the cultural life of this country benefits from the neutrality and depth of broadcasting only served up by the BBC (and the other channels they influence), then these are worrying times.

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

6 Music. Awesome. Love it. And I'm 20 and cooler than most of you lot. Honestly, with the generalisations some of you are coming out with, my self appointed credibility is lofty in terms of argumentative clout.

chewkw
    Free Member

Never heard of 6 Music … WTF.

As far as I know there is only one radio station for me and that is Classic FM. I hardly listen to them now and wonder if they still around.

However, I found out that someone must have tuned my radio to Radio 1 recently and all I can say is it is shite. Utterly shite. Nothing but shite. Some blokes and gals keep talking shite the entire morning starting from 8am. FFS! Who are paying these bunch of clowns to talk shite so early in the morning? Hope it is not me … I mean they are basically having verbal diarrhea all morning … FFS! It's not nice to keep talking shite don't they know? Utter shite!

I would rather listen to cricket (the insect) any day.

Oh look at me … look at me … I am cool … I listen to music … coool … oh look look I worship celebrity … oh look … cooolll …

rOcKeTdOg

The BBC is precisely about this sort of station

that'll be why they are axing it then 🙄

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Not sure whether anyone already mentioned this, but this did make me laugh…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/01/ed-vaizey-bbc-6-music

…especially the bit about him becoming an overnight fan. Do you think the swing in public opinion may perhaps have been a factor.

I can only agree with the comments of most of the folk on here – the only reason we bought into DAB was to listen to 6 Music – there really is nothing else on air like it. It's on constantly in our house. Sure the daytime programming can be a bit repetitive, but the evening and weekend shows (Marc Riley, Jarv, Guy Garvey, Stuart Maconie, Craig Charles etc are brilliant…. Excepting of course George Lamb, who has achieved the dubious distinction of being more of an ar$e than Tim Westwood and should be packed off to Radio 1 without delay.

I wrote off a complaint to the BBC last week (the first time I've done anything like that), and just got a standard reply back :

At the core of the strategy will be a renewed commitment to serving the British public with programmes and services of the highest quality. Audiences admire and value the BBC's digital services and the BBC will remain fully committed to online and to digital television and radio.

But the new strategy will lay out ways of focusing and concentrating licence fee investment on areas and services which are distinctive and best fulfil the BBC's public purposes, which meet the expectations of licence-payers but also leave plenty of space for commercial media providers…

distinctive and best fulfil the BBC's public purposes

– as opposed to Radio 1 for example??

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘It makes my blood boil! (BBC content)’ is closed to new replies.