Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • IT Help – Secure Connection Failed
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I get this message when I try to access hotmail, only started happening a few hours ago. Anyway, turned pc on and off again and still get it, using FireFox:

Secure Connection Failed
    An error occurred during a connection to login.live.com. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Any one tell me what that actually means and anything I can do about it?

Works fine on the mobile through the same router.

vorlich
    Free Member

Can’t help you exactly, but had this today on the MacBook, appears to due due to a certificate snafu with a certificate authority/root certificate. Clearing the cached certificate sorted the issue. No idea how to sort it on Win/Firefox.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Hi, read somewhere about the cache thing or cookies, I’ve cleared what I can but doesn’t make any difference. Works ok with chrome, but I’m not keen on chrome and it no longer updates on my pc, internet explorer doesn’t want to work at all. FireFox was always good, no poblems updating, just worked all the time, until now 😐

Sandwich
    Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

sandwich – I did look at that but to be honest I don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to stuff like that, it said ‘Caution is advised in deleting items that may be part of normal operations’, so thought I better not.

I’ve refreshed FireFox, which didn’t do anything apart from loose all my address lines, home page, etc. bit annoying as I’ll have to re-enter everything. Then I thought ‘ah, system restore’ luckily that worked, so it’s ok now … until next time. Annoying thing is I’ve no idea what caused it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘IT Help – Secure Connection Failed’ is closed to new replies.