Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • IT help for IDIOT
  • D28boy
    Free Member

I throw myself at the mercy of the STW IT boffs. Yesterday I did something very stupid and deleted a program called (maybe) Intell network drivers using the add remove prog in control panel. This prog I now realise enables connection to the interweb world and e-mails etc and so The PC off radar. How can I get the prog back? Its not in the re-cycle bin and restore doesn’t work either. Please show mercy to this poor fool.

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you have any DVDs that came with the computer? They may have driver copies on them.
    If not open Device Manager and go to Network Adaptors.

Find the name of the network adaptor device.

On another computer, search for the device name and drivers, probably on the Dell site. Download the driver installation software and put it on a USB stick, transfer it to your laptop.

Did you just uninstall the LAN driver or the wireless card driver or both? If the first, try using a wireless connection to go and get the replacement driver, if the second, try connecting the computer to your router with a network cable. If the third you will need to use another computer unless you have the driver disk somewhere.

D28boy
    Free Member

Thanx Stoner….found the device manager which showed there was nothing in network adaptors but there was a roll back option there which fantastically appeats to have re-instated the program I so foolishly deleted 😳

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘IT help for IDIOT’ is closed to new replies.