Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • It doesn't rain but it pours…
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Further to my rant the other day about the cost of insurance and the dire state of my finances; just had someone drive in to the side of the Volvo I had just today finally accepted I was going to have to sell. So thats my first two claims (ever) within 11 days of each other.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also;

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAARRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrgggggggggggggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggggggggggggGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

PikeBN14
    Free Member

I won't try and be funny this time.

That sucks!!

Happened to me earlier in the year when I was trying to sell something, PITA !!

molgrips
    Free Member

Holy crap dude 🙁

However if it wasn't your fault, it doesn't count as a claim against you – provided they dont' manage to pin the blame on you somehow.

epicyclo

My wife wrote off 3 cars in 6 months.

The last was uninsured (no insurance coy would touch us) so I had to bodge a working vehicle out of the wrecks.

So I feel your pain…

findo_gask
    Free Member

Bummer.

At least you were no longer protecting you no claims?

fadda

That's a brave post on here, epicyclo…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

At least it'll be their insurance paying for it & you'll have a nice shiny door & valeted car to show for it! 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye but epicyclo likely wasnt in the uk ….

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Reckon it will go 50/50 as it was on a roundabout and I dont have any witnesses to him not indicating etc.

First claim is accidental damage on my camper van classic insurance (H20 flooded engine) and this one will be on my volvo insurance (4yrs protected no claims)

Had the renewal through post today £1041 up from £660 last year with an extra years no claims. (And I hadnt had chance to tell them about the claim on the campervan yet as I dont know if its going through yet- so Jebus knows how much it would have been)

🙁

Going for a bit of a cry. Would be a pint but I actually can't afford to 🙁

Hohum
    Free Member

Blimey!

You certainly are having a run of bad luck 🙁

Hopefully this is the last thing and from now on Lady Luck will smile on you 🙂

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hopefully this is the last thing and from now on Lady Luck will smile on you

Unfortunately its like this a lot of the time, my friends call it 'The Luck of The Johnty' its a running joke, for them.

Personally I wont be holding my breathe…

molgrips
    Free Member

If I lived near you I'd buy you several pints. If I still had my old car I'd loan it to you.

Where do you live btw?

ojom
    Free Member

If in Edinburgh you are invited to my piss up on Saturday.

You deserve a break.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Cheers for the support guys much appreciated 🙂

Im West Mids Based, hence the Black Country Homour 😛

Been out for a look in the near dark – think all the chasis is straight – just bent panels. Shame I could have done with it writing off!

northshoreniall

if they didnt take pictures at scene then make it write off-able?? Know a mate had his pal in the garage do this for him before assessor got to it.

rs
    Free Member

you know what they say, these things always come in three's… sorry 🙂

Kuco

Sorry to hear one_happy_hippy 🙁

Had the same once, went to a garage saw a vehicle I liked discuss price and trade in against mine then on the way home some **** plowed into the back of me.

takisawa2

You so angry you've gone off the grey bit on my screen.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘It doesn't rain but it pours…’ is closed to new replies.