Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • IT contractor umbrella company recommendations
  • youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

I need an umbrella company and was wondering if anyone out there could recommend me one. Preferably one with a prompt payment schedule and low costs.
    Thanks.

alanl
    Free Member

I’ve used 3 in the last year, Sandbeck have been the best, pay is in the bank at 6am every Friday morning, Paystream and Exchequer were fine too. Charges to them were all roughly the same. I’m just changing again to Shipshape, as the Agency I work for now use them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

flanagaj
    Free Member

Not sure of your circumstances, but have you looked at a Ltd Co?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

they are all much of a muchness, parasol were ok. Go ltd if you can, mucho better but if you want an umbrella theres not much difference imho.

lunge

Parasol, NASA Consulting, Brookson’s, all OK and much the same. But as said above, new regs mean there is much less benefit being umbrella so if you intend to stay contracting look at setting a limited company up.

Sundayjumper

much less benefit being umbrella

There wasn’t much benefit before, I’ve not read the link up there but if there’s even less now then Ltd must be a total no-brainer.

FWIW NASA Consulting do my Ltd Co stuff for me. They seem OK but my finances are very simple so it’s not been too testing for them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘IT contractor umbrella company recommendations’ is closed to new replies.