• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mmb.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • It can't just be me – where to store the roof box…
  • mosschops
    Free Member

OK, invested in a

(lovely isn’t it?) for our France camping trip this year

BUT, wife has said its time to “sort out the spare room” (don’t worry roof box is safe, some of my other stuff certainly isn’t)

Anyway, was laughing at brother in-law who actually built a shed to house his roof box at approximately twice the cost of the box, now thinking – what else can I do..

Yes, no garage and shed full of other stuff

Any ideas chaps? For in house storage – or can I wrap it tarp, stick it on the roof of the shed and hope the winter doesn’t kill it?

Think its too big to fit under the desk at work

any ideas appreciated

cheers

MC

allthepies
    Free Member

On top of the car ?

😉

flip
    Free Member

Use as a giant bread bin in the kitchen

sc-xc

Put it in the boot?

downshep

We raised our bed up and put it under there.

Bregante

Move?

Bregante

Joking apart. Do you not have friends with garages who would be willing to store in return for occasional use? Mine is suspended from my garage ceiling using some roofbox storage hooks – tenner off eBay.

Coleman
    Free Member

The basement at the office has more roof boxes than Halfords!

carlosg
    Free Member

Mine has been stored leant up against the back of the house since the middle of August. I’ve bought one of those Aldi bike hoists to fit to the shed roof(brick shed, concrete roof) just haven’t got round to doing it.

Bregante

Oops

Kahurangi

Mum mum’s lives outside – it’s fine.

If on top of the shed you’ll want to make sure it doesn’t blow away or get nicked.

project
    Free Member

Chain it to a fence post in the garden, trhten cover with a tarpaulin.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

if you need space why not hire a room at a safestore place – magic for hiding stuff 😉

rubberneck
    Free Member

get rid of it and get a folding roofbox.

avdave2

if you need space why not hire a room at a safestore place – magic for hiding stuff

The irony of storing a storage device in a storage facility.

Both of which have been used in the last few years in Brighton for storing bodies. One guy kept his roof box in the garden with his wife in it.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I actually thought about it before parting with my money, folding roof boxes are the way forward 😉

mosschops
    Free Member

thanks gang

seems like the garden is an option

or some kind of hoist

yep, should have thought about this before hand..

mmb
    Free Member

i got a mahoosive one that’s 7’6″ long for a bargain price of £50 new! (old stock) problem is my shed is only 6′ long and high now the roof box is standing up behind the bed like a very large coffin 😯 and i’ve instructed mrs mmb to use it as such when my time comes, that should save a few quid and give some laughs too! 😛

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

It should also smell interesting when burned to, but who cares about the environment when they are dead 😉

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Baqck of the shed here, not used the stupid roofbox in years. Don’t intend buying a car that can’t cope with all the neccessary for a weekend MTB trip without resorting to a roof box either.

druidh
    Free Member

Anyone want to buy a roof box? 😀

RustySpanner

Sandpit?
    Outboard on back?
    Posh sledge?
    Get a box for it?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Put some windows in it and use it as a cold frame.

Why would storing it outside be a problem – its designed to be driven around on top of a car ffs

Rich
    Free Member

Depending on what you have in your shed, could you maybe store some of it inside the box, inside the shed? That’s what I do in my garage. It sits balanced on top of 2 big tool chests, then it’s full of stuff so it’s not dead space.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Under decking, (if you have decking that is!)

mmb
    Free Member

2unfit2ride; i don’t remember saying i was going to be cremated in it! 🙄

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘It can't just be me – where to store the roof box…’ is closed to new replies.