Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Is/Was this a tick?
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just cleaning the bedroom, and found this next to the bed. Assume it’s the remains of a tick, although seems kinda large….plus missing a set of legs? Guess it could have been there for 5-ish days.

Point of note, was looking after mate’s dog which has been sleeping on the bed.

So I should call 999 and kill the dog, right?

martinhutch

Looks like one to me. Check yourself for bites and rashes.

redthunder
    Free Member

You read the The Guardian you should know 😉

Front legs and head are missing… looks like tick, quite big as well. So blame the dog.

Yak

Maybe. I’ve got a couple in a jar here and the main body on yours looks a bit crinkly compared to the ‘full’ ones I have.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Front legs and head are missing… looks like tick, quite big as well. So blame the dog.

That’s what made me wonder, never actually seen one before, and thought they were a lot smaller.

Will proceed to get naked, and check myself.

martinhutch

That should go down well in the office.

Yak

Here’s your classic and quite full tick:

And here’s one tucking in for a feed:

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Going off that second pic, it looks like the head/front legs were left inside the host. So either me or the dog.

That should go down well in the office.

I’m actually on the train now….so should be fine.

It’s times like this I wish I was a roadie, then I would have lovely smooth legs to inspect.

Yak

You should still see the head and a red hole/mark if it’s there. Carefully dig it out.

Also check your crotch/armpits etc as they tend to move around a bit.

It’s likely to be the dog though as you would have noticed by now.

D0NK

And here’s one tucking in for a feed:

never a good sight that, turns my stomach thinking about it (fear of Lyme’s rather than squeamishness)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Arrrghhh *itches*

Del

you’d have felt an irritation/been itching it by now if it had been eating you.
    never mind all that – what the hell was the dog doing in the bedroom, never mind on the bed!!??

Cougar

never a good sight that, turns my stomach thinking about it (fear of Lyme’s rather than squeamishness)

They’re revolting aren’t they. Never had one on me before or since apart from one night on a French camp site when my OH plucked about twenty off me 😯

Yak

Yeah – not nice.
    It’s worth getting some tick twisters to get them off cleanly. Saves mucking about with tweezers and then losing the head. We’ve got some like this and twisted a couple out of my cats just now with no bother.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d second the Dog sleeping on the bed too..

chewkw
    Free Member

Op,

That does not look like a dead dry tick tbh.

I have never seen tick died with legs stretch out … most of them curl in.

Besides, the obvious is that tick has 8 legs.

That looks like a dry stink bug with triangle shape body.

plyphon
    Free Member

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wait…so dogs are not allowed on beds? Why it’s not as if they have tic…..oh. Right.

To be fair, it was only a few times, and we’d both been drinking.

chewkw
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member
    Wait…so dogs are not allowed on beds? Why it’s not as if they have tic…..oh. Right.

Nahhh … do whatever you like … your dog and your life. Me mate has two dogs sleeping on his bed almost daily.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Dogs sleeping on beds, boke. Would you be allowed into bed naked if you never wiped your ar*e?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Someone should start a dogs on beds thread. I have a feeling it’s got legs.

Cougar

To be fair, it was only a few times, and we’d both been drinking.

What does the dog drink?

Four typically.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What does the dog drink?

Mainly Pedigree Rum.

verses

glasgowdan – Member

Dogs sleeping on beds, boke. Would you be allowed into bed naked if you never wiped your ar*e?
    I’ll have you know that they do wipe their arses!

The use that big slobbery pink slab of bog roll that flops out of their mouth… Then lick your face…

Del

Four typically.

though in this case, potentially more.
    tell ’em! pets don’t get to keep pets!

Sandwich

Call 999, kill the dog and set fire to the house with a laser from space. It’s the only way.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

I found a tick on my calf the other day in bed so see you folks on the other side…

eulach

^Sounds like you’re already on the other side if you take your calf to bed with you?

gerti
    Free Member

Oh barf! I’ve never really looked closely at what they look like, but we all get ticks every summer when we go sailing in Scotland. We do a tick check everyday and the blighters are removed with tweezers (my husband is now quite the pro). But the first one we ever found was in my belly button and was pretty full, it had clearly been there for several days! Again, barf!

I’d check the dog and yourself for others…

Drac

It’s not a tick.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple in a jar here

Never put ticks in a jar.

You have put a tick in the BOX

nickc

I think Drac is right, I don’t think that’s a tick

scaredypants
    bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m 100% behind the idea of it not being a tick….soooooo what is this tick like thing if not a tick?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

A Muslamic terrorist.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

What you’ve got there is a baby face hugger

chewkw
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member
    I’m 100% behind the idea of it not being a tick….soooooo what is this tick like thing if not a tick?

A kind of stink bug … I guess.

I used to help my dogs rid of the ticks in the far east I thought could recognised one dead or alive.

But the ticks in the western world is lethal while those in the far east not. On the other hand, our mosquito in the far east will kill you but the mosquito here is so large it’s harmless.

peabrain
    Free Member

I don’t think it is a tick either.

Drac

It’s a beetle, stink bug is a good call.

Lethal ticks ay.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This is really bugging me :o|

Agree not a tick. Agree looks like some shield/stink bug, albeit mangled/chewed with head/legs missing. But those back legs look really long and the pattern is unfamiliar.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Is/Was this a tick?’ is closed to new replies.