Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Issues with a parts company
  • moooo
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m a first time poster so please be gentle with me, your advice is greatly anticipated and appreciated! I’m having serious issues with an online company who have apparently been discussed on here before, from my forum searches, but it seems that debate tends to descend into slanging matches so I’m afraid to name names initially. The complaint is not about the parts themselves but more about the customer service – items have been ordered and paid for and not shown up after several weeks of waiting, chasing, email conversations which go nowhere and not one phone call answered or message returned, despite 5+ attempted phone calls with at least one voicemail left, per day, over the last several days. I am asking on behalf of the intended recipient as I have been helping with the payments and the (expensive) phone calls but I’m almost at a loss. Does anyone have any similar experiences and any suggestions on how to move forward?

Thank you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cancel the order. Insist on your money back. By email backed in writi9ng recorded delivery.

The money should not IIRC have been taken assuming its on a card until he goods were ready for dispatch. ( but check this)

If they don’t refund you immediately then report them to the card company.

the only way to have an effect on a company that behaves like this is to hit them in the pocket.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Agree with the above. I was recently having trouble with a company failing to deliver something (non bike) that I had paid for up front as it was bespoke. In my favour I had paid by credit card & agreed delivery dates had not been met. I emailed to say that if the goods were not delivered by the end of the week I would report non delivery to the credit card company. Delivery was promptly arranged.

Is your situation similar? You say the goods are paid for, was it on a credit card?

moooo
    Free Member

hi both and thanks for your swift replies! Other half required 2 sets of bits- paid £70 on debit card for order A,and pc crashed halfway through order B,worth £20,no payment taken. Order B arrived,order A nowhere to be seen. I paid the £20 via paypal at their request i.e. cost of parts that did arrive,supposedly so they could then send order A. I understand you can dispute/complain via paypal but the debit card aspect concerns me? And the poor boy just wants his bits so he can go out and play!

moooo
    Free Member

PS Would it ring any bells if I mentioned that it was Superstar? Has anyone else had a similar experience i.e. no parts, money gone, nonsense emails and no answering the phone or calling back? Thanks 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ha ha I knew it!

Was the order by credit card? A Phone call to VISA often works wonders.

bigbob38
    Free Member

never had an issue with them!

Use them lots too – 3 times so far this week 😳

moooo
    Free Member

Hi,

Cynic-al – you don’t sound surprised! I mentioned above a mixture of OH’s debit and me PayPal.

And Bob – does that mean it’s your fault they never answer the phone? 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Order B is paid for and delivered? The value of which was £20 and you’ve paid £20. No issue here, so disregard it.

Order A was placed and paid for? You’ve had confirmation from Paypal and the moneys left your account?

Order A has not been received?

Was confirmation of Order A received by you? What about a confirmation of despatch?

Paying by debit card doesn’t give you the same protections as paying by credit card.

If you’ve received confirmation of Order A and notice of it’s despatch then it’s clearly been lost in the post. The supplier should send out a replacement – and claim for the lost goods from the courier themselves.

If you can’t get through on the phone then you need to write to the supplier (e-mail and post) asking for replacements to be sent.

If you’ve not received confirmation of Order A then it sounds as if there’s been an error in their system. Again, write confirming that you paid £70 for items xxxxxxx and that you’ve not received them. Ask that they be posted to you.

Aternatively, you can write canceling the order and asking for your money back. You’d be entitled to it. Paypal may have an automated mechanism to do this. I know they don’t with personal transfers but for commercial transactions – ie where the vendor uses Paypal as their cashier – I think they do.

Northwind

Superstar are a bit… What’s the word… Flakey, might do it. Some good stuff, occasional great service, some really bad stuff and bad service. All over the place. They’re bad with emails, not just complainy/chasey emails, they’ve lost sales with me by not responding to enquiries. They read the Bikeradar forum and often respond to posts on there so if you’re not getting progress elsewhere might be worth trying there.

_tom_
    Free Member

I always get sweets in the jiffy bag with my Superstar orders – I like em 🙂

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Only ever ever ever use a credit card for internet purchases!

moooo
    Free Member

Thanks all for your responses, and Northwind, good tip-off! Neither of us have a credit card unfortunately, and even if I asked for one I have the feeling the computer would say no! We will take them to task if nothing is sorted in a week or so. They’ve been good in the past but this has gone completely tits and although the sweets are lovely, headset and pedals would be even better 🙄

scaredypants

In their defence, they missed an item out of an order of mine recently. email answered and replacement dispatched within 4/7 (not arrived yet, but I’m the trusting type 😉 ).

FWIW, I also had an interim email saying “we are having some problems accessing order details and customer records, we are doing everything we can to fix the problem”

moooo
    Free Member

Hi all,

Update! No emails or calls but headset has now arrived leaving only pedals outstanding. No instructions but at the risk of opening up a wonky bread-slicing-esque can of worms he soon figured it out so it.s probably a chick tendency to worry about such things 🙂 also pleased to note enclosed sweets neither out of date nor poisoned. Watch this space and thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Issues with a parts company’ is closed to new replies.