Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Issue with shadow plus mech
  • JoeG
    Free Member

IIRC, you’re supposed to adjust the clutch on the XTR version after a bit of use.

I have not heard that this is needed for XT, SLX, or other versions. As fat as I know, only XTR has the teeny adjustment wrench inside.

loverofminkys

JoeG although only the XTR one has the wrench you can still adjust the clutch with a set of needle nose pliers or similar.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mine is suffering from the same problem 🙁

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Fixed by taking apart, cleaning and greasing!

teasel
    Free Member

Does anyone ever read any of my posts…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

you are bob on

teasel
    Free Member

Makes sense when you have it apart in your hands, doesn’t it.

Glad you fixed it.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

yes – its also nice to know how it works 🙂 Thansk again for saving me £50!!!

chives
    Free Member

Not had any problems with the clutch side of things, but the lower jockey wheel was seized almost solid after one muddy race. Gave it a thorough clean and re-grease and it’s fine now, but not what I’d have expected from a virtually new mech.

[/url] 2013-02-20 13.11.16

lornholio
    Free Member

Any more input on this issue? I’m setting up a Zee mech 1×10 with an 11-36 cassette and would like a little more tension on the chain in the smallest cog if possible. The chain is currently being tensioned in the smallest cog without the suspension compressed but only very slightly (grub screw only about 2mm away from the stop). In the biggest cog with the suspension bottomed-out I don’t think there would be any scope to remove one more link, although I’m considering doing it anyway as with a 32t chainring I’ll only ever use the two biggest cogs for climbing, so realistically the suspension will never bottom-out. What do you think?

Tightening the cage spring itself does sound like a solution (as found by some posters in this thread), but I can’t see this option on the Zee so must be only on the XT version. Could anyone confirm this?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Issue with shadow plus mech’ is closed to new replies.