Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Issue 59 in the MagArchive
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

Just the PDF at the moment, the flash version with enhanced content will be there in the next couple of days.

If you've got a Digital subscription you can head to the MagArchive and get it. If you haven't you can subscribe for only £15 a year. Get a years worth of future issues and access to all our back issues. It's a great deal…

Singletrack Premier

martinh
    Free Member

Not quite iPad ready it seems. GoodReader and iBooks fail to display the images within the PDF

wors

Hows the leg? 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

What Martin said though on an iPhone. Issue 58 downloads fine though FWIW

Merlinman

Same here – text is fine but no pictures 🙁

tomdebruin
    Free Member

We're on it now.

Mark

New iPad friendly version is there now 🙂

Flash reader version is uploading too so should be about an hour for that.

euain

I've just re-downloaded the PDF. On my computer (Mac), I see blank pages with a grey box reading "PDF" in them.

Anyone else see this? Something I'm doing wrong?

File is 128,900,218 bytes in size – is that right?

Mark

Make sure you use Adobe Reader to view the pdfs. Mac Preview doesn't do a good job of it. Adobe Reader is free from http://www.adobereader.com

euain

I'm using Preview – it was fine on issue 58 and all previous ones I've downloaded (and the version of 59 up earlier this morning).

I've no interest in installing Adobe – no need. More likely to cancel my subscription, I'm afraid!

Merlinman

Grey pages here on iPhone via iBooks; reads fine with pictures in iTunes….

Mark

We are working on it.

The change from earlier issues is to simply provide a higher res than the standard 144dpi we have used previously. 225dpi looks a lot better in the iPad. In theory that simple change shouldn't muck everything up but it seems we have some investigating to do.

We've always said, from when we first provided PDF versions of the mag over 3 years ago that they are designed to work best in Adobe Reader. PDF's are Adobe's after all.. 🙂 But we will do everything we can to make them work 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Even on the iPad issue 58 pictures still look better than 59s. In the second Issue 59 PDF the images appear but they look like the contrast has been turned up

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Flash version of the mag is there now. Read on.

@wors: leg's not to bad thanks. I can walk and gently jog but no bike riding for 3 months – and then only gentle stuff. Will be off my mountain bike bike 'til next year 😥

Mark

Sorry about the massive file size on that PDF (250mb) but we wanted to make sure you all got a working version. We are testing a much smaller file now and hopefully that will be up and ready in an hour or so.

euain

It's looking good in Preview now. Much appreciated!

Thanks!

Merlinman

Thanks, guys – all fine and lovely here now 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Pictures in issue 58 still look better on my iPad than those in 59

ChannelD

I believe I have been upgraded (Tuesday this week) to a premier digital subscription (previously premier print), however when I go to the mag archive and choose an issue to download, all I see a is the glorious front cover and no ability I can see to down load the issue.

A little confused. I still see the yellow ST Premium button and options in my account still suggest I need to upgrade I think.

What should I expect to see if different, a down load button for example?

I have tried ringing ST office but no one answers and I can't leave a message. I'm starting to panic a bit as I'm of to the TransRockies2010 next week and want to take a few issues with me on my iPad.

Mark

I've just checked the database (Claire is ill at the moment) and it appears you upgraded your existing subscription to premier Print – which is a free upgrade to all existing subscribers to take advantage of. That gets you access to the Premier features on this website like ad reduction, galleries and extra feature stories (see the Issue 59 Extras story on the front page as an example). To access the Mag Archive and the digital copies you need to buy a Digital upgrade to your subscription. As an existing subscriber this is just an extra £5 added to your existing subscription. If you'd like to go for that I am manning the subs phone today and i can do that for you 🙂

ChannelD

Thanks Mark. I see new options. Now I'll catch up on my reading on the plane! And show off ST to our North American cousins. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Issue 59 in the MagArchive’ is closed to new replies.