Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Issue 57.
  • monksie
    Free Member

I enjoyed it very much but even with the caveat, I couldn't help thnking the clmbing article was out of place. At least there isn't a subsection for Bivvytrackworld.
    Fingers crossed I haven't roused Mark's unique style of customer service with my small criticism.

iain1775
    Free Member

Fingers crossed I haven't roused Mark's unique style of customer service with my small criticism.

😆

Hevent got round to reading it all yet but the couple of articles I read where very good (as usual)
    Quite welcome articles on different outdoors stuff so long as they are not too often or at the expense of bike stuff. Its good to broaden ones horizons!

MrSparkle

I thought it was very good too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grim168
    Free Member

Would be interested in a kayak article as I'm thinking of getting one to mess about it. A bit of variety never hurt anyone.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Yeah, didn't actually interest me at all, but no harm in a bit of variety, I may enjoy the next one.
    Haven't read all of this one yet, so may have missed it, but whatever happened to the head to head bike tests?

Nezbo
    Free Member

Half way through reading it at the mo 🙂

All's good so far… I must agree a little I have no real interest in climbing but is still a good article.

re Bivvytrackworld these articles made me subscribe in the first place a couple of year ago, real adventures by real Mountain bikers 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

I'm going back to paper. I've really tried to read it online but it just doesn't do it for me.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I read the flash version and I liked it. My subs up and I'm thinking about going back to paper too.

funkynick

I think I'm still reading issue 55… I'll comment on 57 once I've got that far..

Yes, I'm a slow reader.

:o)

MrSparkle

Swift – try page 90.

Fozlett

Still working my way through but so far am thinking this is a very good issue indeed!

matthew_h
    Free Member

I really like pages 100 and 101

stumpyjon

Better than many of the other mags, just canned my subscription to WMB.

convert

Very good work from the Singletrack team I thought. I read ST for the first time in 2004 and was impressed then with the quality of the writing and articles that seemed to be aimed at me more than any other mag I'd read. After a bit of a lull in my buying for a few year this was the first one in the last 10 or so I've read and thought – this is bloody good. It might have helped that it arrived on my birthday, I scanned it whilst drinking a lunchtime pint and then read it properly whilst relaxing in the bath after the best 3hr mtb ride in ages, on a new bike(5spot – birthday pressie to myself – I've been such a good boy!). I'm a sucker for any reference to whisky or climbing mixed with some subtly irreverent writing?

psling
    Free Member

I enjoy the Fish out of Water articles and was pleased to see it back; maybe it's a throwback to the Mayfair mags I occasionally perused in the early 70s when they used to run a serious article amongst the topiary 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ah mr sparkle, I spoke too soon. Been a subscriber for a few months, but bought everyone for about 4 years or more. My favourite out of all the mags.

Curly68
    Free Member

Walked up town today with the kids and pleasantly surprised to see WH Smiths had them in. Picked up one from behind the front one (all bent and folded edges), put it with the others and paid for them.
    Got home and was about to flick through when I saw that the copy I had picked up was last month's that was still on the shelf with the new ones! Felt a right plonker. Will try to take that copy back and exchange for the new one.
    Why don't they remove the old copies first?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Issue 57.’ is closed to new replies.