Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 373 total)
  • Israel's Netanyahu sparks uproar by suggesting WWII-era Palestinian leader inspi
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is under fire for suggesting that a World War II-era Palestinian leader convinced the Nazis to adopt their Final Solution to exterminate European Jews.

Holocaust experts are slamming Netanyahu’s comments as historically inaccurate. Critics are saying Wednesday the statement amounts to incitement against modern-day Palestinians in the midst of a wave of violent unrest and Israeli-Palestinian tensions.

Netanyahu told a group of Jewish leaders on Tuesday that the Mufti of Jerusalem, Nazi sympathizer Haj Amin al-Husseini, convinced Hitler to destroy the Jews.

“Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jews,” Netanyahu said. When Hitler asked al-Husseini what to do, Netanyahu said he replied: “Burn them.”

Where do you even start with that…. 😐

gonzy
    Free Member

i wouldnt expect any less from that zionist devil….they’ll say anything to justify their evil treatment of the Palestinians…always the victim eh?

Northwind

Poor misunderstood Hitler.

hels
    Free Member

“mufti”. Snigger.

Notter
    Free Member

When even your own historians are discrediting you it’s probably time to give it up…..Considering his tactics during the election last year I think Netanyahu is becoming more and more dangerous.

binners

I totally despair of any nation that could democratically elect a man like Benjamin Netanyahu. He’s a truly vile human being. He seems to delight in whipping up paranoia and fear, to justify his next bout of genocide.

Ironic that he’s using Hitler to justify it

Pigface
    Free Member

He does it to say in power, the small extreme parties in the coalition love this and keep the Americans on board. History will mark his as a monster.

A quick look at his Wiki page, he has a fascinating history. Compare with some one like Cameron he is one tough/loony man

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Trivialising the holocaust like only a Zionist can.

konabunny
    Free Member

The story is absolute cobblers. The Grand Mufti was certainly one of the assorted lunatics and scumbags that showed up in Berlin during the Holocaust – but there is no evidence that the Nazis ever paid much attention to him. And why would they? He was the spiritual leader (ie not political) of a proportion of a small people (many Palestinians being Christians) far away and living under a fairly well-dug in British occupation (there being not much indigenous organised opposition to the regime for the nazis to exploit – Palestine was not Ukraine with a ready made bunch of collaborators). The nazis opinion of the GM’s pronouncements seems to have been along the lines of “WGAS?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/dumping-blame-for-the-holocaust-on-the-grand-mufti-is-an-insult-to-its-six-million-victims-9587755.html

jam-bo

is there a world politics equivalent of godwin’s law?

Northwind

Notter – Member

When even your own historians are discrediting you it’s probably time to give it up….

His own security services discredited him re Iran, he didn’t seem to mind.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Does anyone really think the Prime Minister of Israel would trivialise the holocaust, really even for just a second do you believe that ? Netanyahu’s right wing political opponents in Israel have generated this story, would you rather they where running the show ?

Notter
    Free Member

Fair point Northwind!! So what / who is it going to be that finally manages to get him out of power?

Notter
    Free Member

Sorry Jambalaya, this is a direct quote from his speech “”Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jew. And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said, ‘If you expel them, they’ll all come here (to Palestine).’ According to Netanyahu, Hitler then asked: “What should I do with them?” and the mufti replied: “Burn them.”

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.681525

How is that his political opponents generating the story?

binners

Does anyone really think the Prime Minister of Israel would trivialise the holocaust

Yip. I absolutely would! When you look at the man we’re talking about, I don’t know why you’d doubt it. Its not even that he’s a murderous genocidal lunatic, as well as an avowed zionist, who would seemingly plumb any depths to further ‘the cause’.

Its the fact that he’s so completely self serving and utterly devoid of any remote vestige of humanity. He would literally do absolutely anything to achieve, then stay in power.

I’m surprised you’re surprised.

Again… there/s a certain irony, given his genocidal behavior towards the Palestinians, that he’s using Hitler to justify it

If he wasn’t killing people in large numbers on the back of it, it’d actually be funny

Notter
    Free Member

More the point as I interpret the comments is shifting the blame of the Holocaust from the Nazi’s to the Palestinian’s, basically backing up / justifying continued hatred towards the Arabs.
    Whether that’s trivialising it I don’t know, but it is, to my mind, quite simply continuing to stir up the hatred.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t see it as a trivialisation at all, I did read the speech. I’ve been following the rising tensions pretty closely as I am sure many here would expect. Vicenews as is often the case has some of the best reporting of events not shown on mainstream tv Dispatch 5 on “The heart of the conflict. Intifada 3” was published yesterday

@binners there are those in Israel more “robust” shall we say than Netanyahu, one of the consequences of the war in Gaza last year and the discovery of so many attack tunnels into Israel is public opinion has hardened and moved further right particularly amongst those Israelis in the West Bank.

Typical of STW to pick up on this story and not comment upon or repost videos of Israelis being run down and stabbed whilst stood waiting for the bus.

EDIT: Interesting we have this thread and yet nothing about Abbas and other Palestinian leaders pedalling FALSE rumours that Israel was about to relax the BAN on Jews praying at a religious site important to both Jews and Muslims

chakaping
    Free Member

Typical of STW to pick up on this story and not comment upon or repost videos of Israelis being run down and stabbed whilst stood waiting for the bus

Typical of you to come out with apologist crap like that.

Anyone supporting Israel is a morally bankrupt human being. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

seosamh77
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Does anyone really think the Prime Minister of Israel would trivialise the holocaust, really even for just a second do you believe that ? Netanyahu’s right wing political opponents in Israel have generated this story, would you rather they where running the show ?

Yip, I also think he’s directly behind the recent rise in tensions.

DrJ

Typical of STW to pick up on this story and not comment upon or repost videos of Israelis being run down and stabbed whilst stood waiting for the bus.

Or of the Eritrean guy beaten to death by a mob, eh?

kimbers

Jamby, Israel bombed 1000 women and children +1000 men(obvs all terrorists) to death in their war on Gaza (IDF’s own figures) last year

that cunning plan to bring piece to Israel is having its inevitable consequences played out, in this 3rd intifada

binners

binners there are those in Israel more “robust” shall we say than Netanyahu

So to paraphrase what you’re saying:

He may be a murderous genocidal bastard, but he’s nothing compared to some of the Zionists, so we should probably let him get on with his hate-filled genocide, because the alternative is far, far worse.

Paints Israel in a lovely light, that does

Are the knifey beardies quoting Hitler too?

And at the risk of starting the whole ‘perspective’ and ‘proportionality’ issue that all zionists find so very difficult to grasp, stabbing someone in the street, while not in any way endorsable, isn’t really dropping phosphorous shells on schools and hospitals, is it? One of Mr Netanyahu’s pastimes when not blathering on his delusional self-serving twoddle about Palestinians causing the Holocaust 🙄

I suppose for him, and his zionist ilk, this is the natural next step from the usual knee jerk cry of ‘ANTISEMITE!!” to anyone who dares to, perfectly legitimately, raise concerns about their conduct

Because that’s a despicable title that gets thrown about far too readily, merely to shut down any debate on the murderous behavior of the Israeli state

seosamh77
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Typical of STW to pick up on this story and not comment upon or repost videos of Israelis being run down and stabbed whilst stood waiting for the bus

I’ll let you post those, as i’m sure you will post some videos, I don’t deny they happen. Here’s some videos for the other point of view.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwVG5_78G7o&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGwVG5_78G7o&has_verified=1[/video]

بالفيديو| لحظة تسلل الوحدات الخاصة الإسرائيلية (المستعربون) لاختطاف شبان فلسطينيين خلال مواجهات "بيت إيل" شمال مدينة #البيرة ظهر اليوم.تصوير عماد سعيد- AP

Posted by Al-Rimawi Photography on Wednesday, October 7, 2015

بالفيديو| لحظة تسلل الوحدات الخاصة الإسرائيلية (المستعربون) لاختطاف شبان فلسطينيين خلال مواجهات "بيت إيل" شمال مدينة #البيرة ظهر اليوم.تصوير عماد سعيد- AP

Posted by Al-Rimawi Photography on Wednesday, October 7, 2015

isto
    Free Member

At this point, anything that Netanyahu does is not a surprise to me. The man is deplorable. I cannot believe he was elected again. This holds true for all the family and friends I have in Israel. Unfortunately the majority of voters fail to share this opinion.

gonzy
    Free Member

what about the Palestinian boy who may have been carrying a knife but was gunned down then abused by settlers whilst the IDF did nothing, an ambulance arrived and again they did nothing?

or the Palestinian who was gunned down by the IDF then one of the soldiers goes and throws a knife next to him?

or the Palestinian girl who was surrounded by IDF soldiers and was gunned down even though all she was carrying was her books in her bag and had her hands raised to show she was not armed?

or the Palestinian girl who was gunned down and then stripped naked by settlers?

what about the IDF dressing up as Palestinians and then inciting the crowd to throw stones at the IDF and then pulling out guns and turning on the crowd? and then once they have caught a few Palestinians, with the aid of their uniformed buddies then proceed to beat the living daylights out of those they have caught?

what about the fact that the Israeli government via that vile mouthpiece Mark Regev are encouraging Israelis who have gun licences to carry their weapons in public? so now there are bloodthirsty settlers walking the streets carrying M16’s

hels
    Free Member

Well that didn’t take long to get bonkers did it ?

Northwind

There’s 3 conversations you can’t have on the internet without it going bonkers.

1) Gun control
    2) Israel
    3) The correct colour of a packet of salt and vinegar crisps.

Green, btw.

binners

I blame Fatcha!

seosamh77
    Free Member

hels – Member
    Well that didn’t take long to get bonkers did it ?

I don’t see alot of “bonkers” tbh.

hels
    Free Member

Northwind, you forgot compulsory cycle helmet wearing. And abortion.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Typical of you to come out with apologist crap like that.

Anyone supporting Israel is a morally bankrupt human being. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

THIS

what he said is shameful incorrect and mud raking of the lowest barrel scrapping attempt to dehumanise and engender hatred

The fact only Jamby will defend this says a lot about the two of those bed fellows

EDIT: can we not do a league table of who has done what in Israel
    Both sides do bad things lets discuss if this statement is

1) True

2) Helpful

PS NW is wrong clearly

grum
    Free Member

If we’re doing history lessons, the founders of the Israeli state lauded as national heroes, as well as being terrorist mass-murderers:

‘…initially sought an alliance with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, offering to fight alongside them against the British in return for the transfer of all Jews from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine.[2] Believing that Nazi Germany was a lesser enemy of the Jews than Britain, Lehi twice attempted to form an alliance with the Nazis.[2] During World War II it declared that it would establish a Jewish state based upon “nationalist and totalitarian principles”.’

So probably best to keep quiet about that period really.

enfht
    Free Member

Green IS cheese & onion.

Blue IS salt & vinegar.

wwaswas

There’s a Hitler Meme video (can’t link from FB)

https://www.facebook.com/lahav.levine/posts/10153239973125922

grum
    Free Member

enfht +1

grum
    Free Member

I was thinking more of Deir Yassin but sorry yes mass murder is definitely ok sometimes. Jambalaya said so while unequivocally denouncing terrorism so it must be true.

duckman

EDIT: Interesting we have this thread and yet nothing about Abbas and other Palestinian leaders pedalling FALSE rumours that Israel was about to relax the BAN on Jews praying at a religious site important to both Jews and Muslims just because they are not arresting the perpetrators of the increasingly frequent Zionist sit/ins/incursions and have indeed said that the ban was “fluid”

Imagine Palestinian leaders adopting a worst case scenario in looking at how the Israeli’s traet them!

FTFY

gonzy
    Free Member

here’s the link to the video of him blaming the Palestinians for the holocaust…so that Jambalaya can claim someone else said it
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/21/netanyahu-under-fire-for-palestinian-grand-mufti-holocaust-claim

binners

Its almost as if he set out to provoke a reaction? Possibly a violent one? To then use as justification for the next military onslaught?

But surely he wouldn’t be that cynical, would he?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 373 total)

The topic ‘Israel's Netanyahu sparks uproar by suggesting WWII-era Palestinian leader inspi’ is closed to new replies.