Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ispec levers
  • samwise
    Free Member

i got ispec levers with my new slx set andafter much hassle supposedly got the right hope adapters for them… i removed the shimano adapter and put the hope one on but it doesnt fit great.. the lip on the hope mount is to shallow and sits above the groove on the shifter so is likey to become lose and develop movement :-/

anyone running ispec levers? have i gone wrong somewhere should it fit in the groove?

sambob
    Free Member

I thought SLX brakes weren’t ispec compatible?

samwise
    Free Member

the 2013 there is an ispec version apparently has same mount as xtr but im not convinced doesnt sit flush :-/

DickBarton

I had the hope mounts but they aren’t very good…a single position for the shifters and not a comfy one…stuck the original clamps back on and instant comfort…I think the adapters have the shifter too far forward.

samwise
    Free Member

Mine screws in and Iain the right place just it’s only held by a bolt and nothing locking it in place. The lip on the shifter mount is not deep enough to fit in the groove on the Ispec lever which would sort the problem a treat…. I might file down the shifter mount so the lip fits in the groove :-/

GolfChick
    Free Member

If you want standard tops for your shifters, I want the ispec tops. We could swap.

samwise
    Free Member

i would but mine are 2013 not sure there fit?

GolfChick
    Free Member

i think ispec is ispec… doesnt have years and i also believe its just the metal section on the top, not the whole top with plastic shroud. Take a pic of the top of your shifter thought and maybe we can tell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ispec levers’ is closed to new replies.