Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ISO9 upgrade on iPhone6 now I can't access my calendar ..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Did the upgrade the other day, since then I’ve not been able to get access to “days” in my calendar.

Let me explain.. I can access the calendar fine, opens up, see diary dates/entries etc (months view). When I press on the/a single day to make an entry nothing happens. Not even when I try to open a day with a diary entry on.. I can however create diary date/entries if I use the + etc.
    If I use the funny diary condenser button (small rectangle with a couple of lines underneath) the diary condenses to the month in question, it then allows be to create and entry etc. I just won’t let me create an entry from the normal months view screen anymore.

I am a little curious thats all.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There was an update to 9.0.1 released yesterday that apparently should have cleared all the bugs from 9.0

jambalaya
    Free Member

I can’t remember how it used to work but a double-tap opens an event list and the “menu” option with the lines opens a day view

9.0.1 released overnight

There was an update to 9.0.1 released yesterday that apparently should have cleared all the bugs from 9.0

Not sure all the bugs are known yet 😳 ios9 does seem to have fixed the forum crash when using the quote/img/url buttons, I do have issues not being able to pit cursor mid word during an edit now

cnud
    Free Member

Double tap on any day works for me now. Not sure if its intentional or not

GrahamS

I didn’t know what you meant – so I had a play and now I’m stuck in the same loop.

Seems to keep showing the events without letting you get back to the normal month view where you can select days that don’t have event on them.

So yeah, thanks for that. 😀

jam-bo

mine has a shortcut back to the month view top left?

GrahamS

Yeah but it’s not the “real” month view.

In the normal month view you can select days that don’t have events (so you can then create events with the ‘+’ button).

In this month view you can only select days with events and when you do it takes you back to the events list.

Weird.

Seems to get out of it if you hit the “rectangle + lines” button again whilst in month view – but very non-intuitive and un-Appley. 🙁

nickdavies

9.01 sorts a lot of stuff out. My iPad now has a volume display again, STW buttons now work properly, emails show correctly some websites work and calendar is ok. You’d think they’d test it first, especially with such a closed Eco system. It’s not like Windows where they have to deal with a million hardware permutations…

GrahamS

You’d think they’d test it first, especially with such a closed Eco system.

I’m sure they do test it, but ALL complex software has bugs, even on a closed system.
    No amount of testing will replicate tens of millions of users prodding away at it for hours a day).

(Trust me, I write safety-critical software for considerably simpler embedded devices. There are always bugs).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well thanks guys. Just updated to 9.0.1 and now double taps on the date open up the day so I/you can add an entry.

Silly Apple people.

john_l
    Free Member

Taken me 3 days to unfreeze my iPad!

GrahamS

Taken me 3 days to unfreeze my iPad!

Why? Did the usual Home+Power button force kill not work?

m360
    Free Member

Same problem on 5c, hadn’t noticed until now, so thanks for that!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

did upgrades and both my phone and wifes phone rang when either one received a call ! (same i cloud )

i know its a setting but never did it before, quick google put a stop to that

dragon
    Free Member

It just works eh 😉

somouk
    Free Member

I use fantastical, I find it a lot better than the iPhone calendar app!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stuff is well tested, aside from in house development Apple release Beta tests to large numbers of users/developers. The Beta for the major update 9.1 is already out there

@dragon, for me yes, no issues with 6/5S and iPad Mini 3 / Air 2 and in any case it’s a relative statement especially vs Microsoft

@unfit perhaps the default setting has changed but we’ve always had the all devices ringing. It’s actually pretty useful as if you don’t have your phone to hand you can answer on the iPad (and no you don’t have to hold it to your ear 😳 )

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ISO9 upgrade on iPhone6 now I can't access my calendar ..’ is closed to new replies.