Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Isn't it just great when you're out riding, and something….
  • binners

literally stops you dead in your tracks. Especially when you least expect it

We were out on a little jaunt over the moors last night from Rammy. Normal route, with a lot of cheek thrown in. Standard Thursday night fare, really. The weather was looking like it was getting… ahem… a tad ‘interesting’, but somehow we were still bathed in a band of sunshine. As we got to the top of Pilgrims Cross…. Blimey

We looked over to the wind turbines on Scout Moor (which is a pretty dramatic view anyway) and the sky behind them was black as tar, The turbines picked out in contrasting bright white. It was clearly lashing down. There were not one, but two rainbows emerging from the gloom. It looked like the end of the world, with some colourful bits thrown in as some kind of divine joke.

Then to top it all the fork lightning started crackling away from within the blackness, with the thunder rolling across the valley. We just sat at the top and took it all in. Amazing!

Anyway, just thought I’d share. Going out on your bike at night is bloody great innit? 😀

Any recent examples from the STW massive….. ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was in Charterhouse Square last night and seen this lovely building:

It’s Florin Court. Beautiful, stylish, elegant bit of Art Deco.

And the roof at Liverpool St station; the Victorians din’t just chuck things up, they went to town making them look nice too:

Stuff nowadays is far too often just crap and boring. 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Driving down form Skelton to Saltburn this morning looking at the ships sailing out in the fog over in the distance gave the odd impression that the horizon was much closer than it looked, with the very bizzare optical illusion that a (very, very very VERY big) ship was actualy hovering several hundred meteres up in the air!

trailflow
    Free Member

hideous building 😡

molgrips
    Free Member

Binners.. you didn’t have a camera..!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Woah! double rainbow all the way!…

binners

I didn’t have my camera with me, unfortunately. Having said that, whenever I take pictures of anything like that, they never look anywhere near as dramatic as the real thing. Just nice to see it 😀

grum
    Free Member

I had this one while pushing up a horrendous slog in the Howgills. It was a really gloomy day (though not quite as gloomy as I’ve made it look 😉 ) but there was just a few minutes where the sun burst through.

View from Howgill fells looking towards the Lake District by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

hideous building

You know nothing. Please be quiet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Saw this too; always a pleasure to see at night:

binners

Great shot that grum!!

Shouldn’t you be storing these up for Tuesday Fred 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No.

I’m too upset.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wassup babes?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Isn't it just great when you're out riding, and something….’ is closed to new replies.