Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • ISM Adamo Peak saddle – experiences?
  • jimsmith
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of these?

http://www.ismseat.com/saddle/adamo-peak

I lost a lot of weight due to illness this spring and doing more than 50 miles I get sore sit bones, numbness in the perinieum and recently lower back pain (originally from an old injury but its flaring up again)
    anyway, long story short i got the ol numb nuts an am a bit adverse to spending 125 quid if its not gonna help!
    cheers
    jim

frenhtony
    Free Member

I dunno about the peak specifically, but I suffered the same symptoms on my time-trial bike. I bought a second hand Adamo road saddle. It solved the perineum pressure problem. However it puts more pressure on the seat bones as they become the only point of contact. I got used to that very quickly though. I know have one on the road bike as well. Borrow one if you can, or keep an eye on ebay, they usually go for about £80.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Like frenhtony I run one of the road ones on my time trial bike as they’re pretty much perfect for riding in the aero position with.
    I couldn’t get away with one on a normal road bike though as I found the lack of padding under the sit bones killed me – although I do believe that the more recent saddles have been tweaked to give more padding in the traditional places.
    I’d say it’s worth a shot as it’ll definitely sort the numb nuts out, you’ll just have to see how you get on with the seat padding…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ISM Adamo Peak saddle – experiences?’ is closed to new replies.