Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Isle of Wight'ers
  • bubs

Can anyone recommend a child and dog friendly pub on the south coast or close to Robin Hill. We enjoyed the Wight Mouse and are looking for somewhere similar to sit in the sun and identify our fossils and dino bones. Thanks

rocco

The Fighting Cocks or Dairymans Daughter in Arreton Barns are both nice last time I went. I always like the Fighting Cocks but if its in the summer then make sure you book as there aren’t a huge amount of seats. Also got a nice playground for kids

niksnr
    Free Member

South Coast – Buddle Inn, Niton or White Horse, Whitwell.
    Near to Robin Hill your best bet is probably those mentioned by Rocco although I hear White Lion next to arreton barns is better now (recent take over).

40mpg

We often stop at the Chequers at Rookley when biking on the island, which is between Robin Hill and the south coast. Nice garden with play area, decent cider!

bubs

Thanks for the ideas. Went to the Chequers as we saw it first. Great playground, good beer, ok food, 1.5hrs in the sun excellent. Happy family.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you’re at Robin hill there is the Hare and Hounds next door, but I’d recommend the Dairymans Daughter, which is about a mile away.
    Beer good, food good, location good. Plus there’s other stuff there to keep the kids occupied if they do get bored.
    There’s the Bargemans on Newport Quay, but there isn’t as much space outdoors.
    Al little further away is the Crab and Lobster in Bembridge, which is pretty much on top of some small cliffs by the sea.
    Are you on bikes or in a car?

bubs

Staying in Niton. Fossil hunting mornings followed by pub lunch followed by amusement park/castle. Two days left and so will try other recommendations. The weather is making any pub garden a winner.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its “relatively” far but Freshwater bay and the view overlooking the Needles from the National Trust battery is worth the drive/walk.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Wight'ers’ is closed to new replies.