Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Isle of Man End2end
  • CheesybeanZ

we’ve got an invite to the Isle of Man and i fancy doing the end2end while over there . Anyone going this year or done it before ?

scotroutes

I’ve done it.

A great day out. The locals are very enthusiastic and helpful.

You start with a long road section. If you’re at all interested in a fast time, you need to make sure you’re near the front when that ends as you’ve then got a narrow, steep off-road climb. Lots of folk will be walking and you’ll not find a way past.

Quite a bit of climbing during the day and I certainly had tired legs by the end.

It’s worth staying over a few days to make the most of the rest of the island. If you have a road bike, take that too and do the TT course.

CheesybeanZ

Cheers , yes hoping to stay 3/4 days possibly with a local .

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, good event. Not super technical but V enjoyable.

Great place IoM

jekkyl

you like hills yeah?

CheesybeanZ

Ups the new down 😀

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I live on the IoM and have done the course a few times. You won’t be disappointed

martinkiely
    Free Member

Did it last year (into an horrendous headwind all the way!) – great event, well organised, but wouldn’t do it again – too many miles for the few interesting bits – worth doing once definitely though! Last year it was split into 4 groups, so if you’ve not done it before, you get put in the last group to go, so even if you get to the front of your group, you’re running into the back of the previous group – so no real chance of a clear run at the climbs. I found these were full of (presumably) roadies who just stopped dead in front of you on loose uphill sections and walked – which meant that’s what you had to do – and they were worse on the descents! Sounds a bit negative, but it is a good day, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!

Andy-R

I’ve done it a few times but not for the last ten years. Too much roadwork for my liking but that’s just me..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Man End2end’ is closed to new replies.