Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Isle of Man End to End
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

After suffering with a kidney tumour recently and fearing I had to give up mountain biking for good I received some good news from the head honcho doc and can return to mtbing. As a way of celebrating the good news I am considering doing the Isle of Man for Charity. Anyone give me any advice re type of bike/food and equipment etc. or any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You mean the event in September?

It’s 45 miles, there is some food/drink en route, take some yourself too. Whatever bike you normally ride will do fine.

Oh and congrats!

amplebrew

If you have a look here, they are a really friendly bunch and a wealth of knowledge on the E2E 8)

I’ve done it twice now, once on a RM vertex carbon hardtail and also on my fully rigid Pace RC200 with rim brakes.

Both bike were more than capable, although the hardtail was more suited to the course.

Plenty of folks use full suspension, although IMHO a hardtail is all you need.

There are food stations along the course.

I just usually take a few small snacks like cereal bars and a camelbak.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Good event, great craic, did it this year:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=518626&id=693755152&l=4fca8b9699

First half of the course, even once you’d got off the road, was a bit ‘WTF? Could do this on a road bike’. Second half of the course more than made up for that !

fudge9202
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice and help guys just need to get fit now!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

great fun

get the transport option
    some torx or sis in your bladder and some measured to add at a feed station

gels and bars are good

stay a few days extra and enjoy the riding

oh and take friends

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Man End to End’ is closed to new replies.