Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ISLABIKES ROTHAN – to what age?
  • benz
    Free Member

Chloe turns 3 next month and it's time for a bigger balance bike.

She currently has the smallest Puky balance bike and certainly gets around on it – although I get concerned when she .

Don't think she will be totally comfortable with the CNOC 14 yet – brakes and pedals to content with – although I could whip the chainset, etc off to get a bigger balance bike, but it may be marginally too big.

At what age did your kids run the Rothan to?

Recognise that height and inside leg will ultimately dictate.

Want to get something she can use now – although I guess a second hand Rothan will be easy enough to sell..

acjim
    Free Member

My Eldest is 3 and just about too big for his Rothan – it's time for him to step up to a "big" bike and the balance bike to be passed down to the rug rat.

If I was you I'd go for the CNOC 14 and persevere!

geoffj

Go for a 12" wheel bike. Spesh Hotrock is very good.

paul_m

I have a 12" Hotrock that I am going to sell if you are interested.

My youngest (who is now 4) started on a Rothan, then put him onthe Hotrock (which he rode straight away). He is now on a CNOC 14

igm

37 – last time I was on my son's anyway.

He's 3 and is starting to think about the Cnoc that's sat in the garage – he's done 5 yards unaided on it but I wouldn't call it riding, more not falling off.

He's still on the Rothan for now but give it a few months and I doubt he will be.

skyhigh_71

Rothans work up to about 3 years. Agree with others – go for the Cnoc 14 and if necessary take the pedals off for a while. Avoid stabilisers at all costs. We have 2 x Rothan at our youth cycling club and have several members who've progressed to riding proper bikes unaided at below 3 years old, having learned to balance on the Rothan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ISLABIKES ROTHAN – to what age?’ is closed to new replies.