Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Isla bikes on bones rack
  • poly
    Free Member

my SIL is about to buy a bones rack. She has asked me (as apparent fountain of all bike knowledge) if the kids bikes – An Isla Cnoc 14 and a small Beinn 20 will fit on it… Anyone actually tried it?

poly
    Free Member

Wondering if no responses is a sign that nobody has tried to put a small Isla bike on a Saris Bones rack or if it simply means the post got lost amongst the political debates etc? Ah well a wee bump to see if the daytime people have experience – and if no response I will assume that is a bad sign for compatibility…

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t have a Bones, but have put a Beinn 20 and a Cnoc 16 on my normal arms type rack. Unfortunately based on that I can see there being issue – you’ll probably get the bikes to sit on the rack in the same way I do on mine, but the Beinn has one arm between seat tube and seat stays, one arm under downtube; the Cnoc one arm under back of saddle, one arm under downtube. However I’m not sure how well the standard straps will work with that – I just use bungees to fasten all bikes in place.

Yak

As aracer says, but you will find that the really bulky saris arms will likely not fit between seat stays and the seat tube. Tbh, saris rarely fit anything other than adult sized hardtails well as they need a nice clear big triangles. I’m sure you will be able to bodge fit them somehow though, although that sort of defeats the point of the integrated strap saris system.

benslow
    Free Member

Sold my B3 because it didn’t fit any kids bikes and none of my full suss’s …

Been through various types of ‘anything but the roof option’ but wished I’d gone down that route from the start.

Always ready, takes any bikes, zero faff … etc …

poly
    Free Member

Thanks guys. My own experiences is that roof is easiest if you are tall enough. Shorter wife prefers tow-bar rack, but sister-in-law is a short, occassional rider with no tow ball and no roof bars. I’ll pass on the response.

rossburton
    Free Member

Seconded – we had a Bones and had trouble getting my susser on it, and my wife’s city bike would never fit. I can see trouble with Islabikes. The Bones does look awesome but in my experience it was more style than function.

dknwhy

I’ve never struggled with any of the kids bikes on my saris rs rack.
    Just get creative with the straps (rear triangle, just behind the headtube etc).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Isla bikes on bones rack’ is closed to new replies.