Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is Woburn being turned into a trail centre?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

I’ve heard rumors that woburn is going to be tuned into a trail centre with cafe, surfaced trails etc.

Foes anyone know if there is any truth in this? I’m not sure how I’ll feel if it is true.

kimbers

Slowly very slowly its happening, appaerently

hatter

Oooooooo any more info on this?

Woburn’s on my way home from the office, a decent all weather trail network I can ride after work? yes please, don’t mind if I do!

Much as I love natural stuff it’s not much fun if it turns into hub deep mush for half the year.

It’ll be mega popular if they do do it. Whilst long time riders may be put off more bums on (muddy) bikes is generally a good thing as far as I’m concerned.

scaled
    Free Member

the permit system is a bit restrictive at the moment, i’ve only ridden there a couple of times and it would make a lot more sense to have a pay and display car park than strange permits 😀

iridebikes
    Free Member

I don’t know anything else! Just something a mate was told by a mate…

ampthill

Much as I love natural stuff it’s not much fun if it turns into hub deep mush for half the yea

Oh the irony. Its busier in the winter than the summer because it stands up to the winter way better than anything else, say the chilterns.

I think its best in spring as it dries out it often slows down in the summer as it gets sandy

Presumably making it a trail centre would mainly involve signs. There are really quite alot of trails already

I have to say I’d be surprised though, given the lack of the land owners love for cyclists

maxtorque

i’m not sure there is enough space and long enough trails for a “trail centre”?? Sure, they are putting together a signed “XC” route around some of the main fireroad trails, and with a few of the classic “through the woods” sections, but i can’t really ever see it being a trail centre……..

PePPeR

Would we only be allowed on the man made trails and be forcibly kept off all the other trails through the forest though?

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Not heard anything about a cafe being built but there will be a new 6 mile route called the Longslade trail.

Some of it has already been created. Think the idea is to stop the amount of cheeky trails popping up all over the shop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is Woburn being turned into a trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.