Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is white tea the answer? If so, how much?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I seem to keep picking up every little bug that goes around and I seem to have it worse and longer than everyone else. It’s getting a bit annoying now. I’m wondering if I can make improvements in my diet that will help. White tea has been suggested. I don’t normally drink tea or coffee. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this and might know how much is required to actually make a difference.

Cheers.

Cougar

Sounds like the antioxidant myth to me.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

could someone having you on?

willard

Are you eating enough cheap meat? All those added antibiotics could help you fight off an infection…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m wondering if there has been some confusion, T-Cells are a type of White blood cell which plays a strong role in immunity. I’m wondering if the recommendation for an infusion of White-T, might have been misunderstood

ahwiles
    Free Member

wash your hands every now and then. stop putting things in your mouth.

it’s all about hygiene innit.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve heard that Spanish meat will make you strong like Contador an ox.

Onzadog
    Free Member

SO, do I take it that no one is particularly convinced?

bellerophon
    Free Member

Nah, you want to go the other way, eat more shite,roll about in the mud, get every cold\bug thing going to boost your immune system 😆

wwaswas

May sound like a silly question but do you ride your bike too much?

If you ride every day it may just be that your body is tired and has little immunity.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

SO, do I take it that no one is particularly convinced?

not of white tea, but…

Do you smoke?
    Do you have a young child?
    Do you take vitamins
    Do you take echinacea?
    Do you take regular exercise?

how much?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t smoke, no kids, have vit c, omega oil and glucosamine (sp) daily. Yes to regular exercise. I’d love to get out on the bike more but when I do exercise, I tend to push pretty hard.

brakes
    Free Member

most bugs are picked up through contact or through the air; I would suggest not touching anything and not breathing

[caveat: I am not a doctor]

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Try the echinacea for an extended period. Go see a quack, you may have some other cause for low immunity

molgrips
    Free Member

Look at other transmission vectors if I were you.

maccruiskeen

I thought wheat was the latest super food 🙂

In general – try and thing of food and drink as food and drink, rather than as medicine.

even if the packet has been designed to look a bit like medicine – like these bottles of coca cola

or has the word ‘doctor’ on it

its still only food

Karl33to
    Free Member

while it is much better for you than most hot drinks, white tea certainly isnt the silver bullet to your ailments, and especially not the cheap rubbish that comes in bags

some people don’t like how subtle the taste is, but I tend to brew it quite strong, which also means you can get a nice buzz (cha qi) from it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is white tea the answer? If so, how much?’ is closed to new replies.