Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is Wharncliffe open?
  • orangefatlad
    Free Member

Thinking about heading there this Sat.

Thanks
    Simon

grenosteve
    Free Member

Grenowoods (across the road) trail centre should be open – I’ve not heard of any maintenance going on. Wharncliffe woods has no maintained trails, so is always open but will be very muddy.

steveh

We (Ride Sheffield) are doing a dig in Greno saturday morning so pub run will be shut until lunchtime, the other trails will be open.
    Wharncliffe still has some felling work going on but plenty available to ride.

flyingmonkeycorps

I think there’s been some felling in Wharny, not been over that side for a while so I couldn’t confirm where exactly.

cuda17
    Free Member

which are the best trails in Wharno? i found what i think was Fast Track but i’ve seen videos of some big berm trails over that way (not Greno) and couldnt locate them. the felling work didnt help tho!

rob1984p
    Free Member

Very much open; we had a great slippy ride of some of the tracks over by the crags last weekend. It ain’t well mapped on Trailforks although there are loads of sections on Strava which maybe you can access to plan a route. It’s the sort of place that needs a sense of adventure and willingness to explore really and is full of gems. Been riding there regularly for five years and still finding great tracks.

orangefatlad
    Free Member

Cool thanks guys, thats good enough for me 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

We were last in Wharncliffe at the end of September. Massive parts of lower parts of the trails aroud the ‘fast track’ are unrideable due to the machinery they use. We spent an hour on the first push up clearing logs and branches of the trail.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

The big-berms trails mentioned above are in the ‘wharncouver’ area. Look for the Moll Dog segment among others on strava.

As others have said lots of the good stuff is open but fast track was a mess with branches all over the place when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is Wharncliffe open?’ is closed to new replies.