Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IS to IS 180 rear disc mount?
  • sherry
    Free Member

Where can I get an IS to IS 180 rear disc mount for Magura marta?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you mean a plus 20 mount? an IS caliper does not require a mount on an IS frame unless you want to increase the rotor size and still use the same caliper – the caliper defines the rotor size

sherry
    Free Member

Sorry when I say mount I mean adapter for a 180 disc. That's why I was saying IS to IS, I do know that IS callipers come in 160 standard. Sorry for the confusion.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IS calipers come in a varienty of sizes – depending on the disc size. (140mm – 200 mm) If you have an IS caliper with a 160 disc and you want to go to a 180 disc you need an is / is plus 20 adaptor – or the correct calliper for a 180 mm disc.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13736

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the link! I was looking for the marta size 16 rear adapter to no avail, there apparently hard to come by reading the Magura forum. I take it this just works the same. I thought all IS callipers were standard 160 mounts and just used adapters, never seen any others, not to say they don't exist.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have is mount brakes on all my bikes without adaptors – 203 to 140 mm discs

mboy
    Free Member

This is the Magura version though the Hope version TJ linked to above will do just as well…

Chain Reaction also do a Shimano Version too, which is £1.50 cheaper, but is currently out of stock…

Each will work exactly as required…

sherry
    Free Member

I looked chainreaction site and didn't see them! Need my eyes checked I think. Cheers for the links. Out of curiosity what brakes are they TJ? I have only ever used Hayes and Shimano and have been biking 18 years now but cant recall all the mount types, I did have one old set of hope 2 pots on my Orange MR O years ago that may have had them.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sherry – hopes.

righty
    Free Member

I would buy magura for magura brakes as i have had issues with hope and others not fitting properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IS to IS 180 rear disc mount?’ is closed to new replies.