Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is this tyre borked ???
  • renton
    Free Member

Just finished putting my new to me bike together and found this …….

Would you say it’s borked or would you ride it.

I haven’t rode the bike yet as I’ve been waiting for a chain link so it’s nothing I’ve done. What would you do ?

sandwicheater

I’d ride it.

Is it tubeless?

I’d probably stick a bit of toothpaste tube or something to support the area (if tubed).

sofaboy73
    Free Member

probably would if on the rear, probably wouldn’t if on the front

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have an issue using that, but I’d probably stick it on the rear and if you use inner tubes I’d stick a piece of tarp/groundsheet between tube and tyre.

andyl
    Free Member

glue it with some puncture kit gloop?

renton
    Free Member

It’s on the rear and its a pretty new tyre by the looks of things.

Specialized purgatory control if it helps. Am I right in thinking these have a thicker casing.

renton
    Free Member

Would superglue work ?

rocketman
    Free Member

Would have no problems with that front or rear. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get catastrophically worse

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Purg grid are 35 quid, buy a new one. That’s goosed.

stimpy
    Free Member

Stitch it with dental floss, patch on the inside of the tyre, ride it tubeless no problem. Rode a conti race king on the back for about 18 months like that.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Puncture patch glue with the air let out the tyre leave overnight to cure/weld itself, re inflate…..if it opens back up ditch the tyre, if it holds closed, just ride it but carry a patch kit for emergencies whilst you await the new tyre you’re bound to buy because you won’t believe any of our fixes 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Could wedge a tubeless repair anchovy in it sideways!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Rather you than me. Riding at speed or down anything steep and that fails isn’t worth a £30 gamble.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is this tyre borked ???’ is closed to new replies.