Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Is this the work of Captainflash?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pends though, dunnit?

If I needed the services of a Lawyer, I’d expect them to look ‘porfessional’, according to the environment they are working in. This would mnean I’d expect them to be dressed ‘smartly’, in smart shirt, trousers, shoes etc. not too bothered about ties, but I spose they give a better image in court.

My Little Friend is a solicitor; she works in ‘smart causual’ clothes in the office, but has smart stuff for in court. Mind, it’s more flexible for women, I spose.

Stoner
    Free Member

People like that are one of the main reasons I left salaried employment.

Im not going back.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As I sit here in my t-shirt and shorts scratching my balls, I feel no loss or regret to have not entered law 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

love the picture – I will send GF in to work like that tomorrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with dressing professionally for your work, in my opinion. That message is more than necessary however!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    As I sit here in my t-shirt and shorts scratching my balls, I feel no loss or regret to have not entered law

mrsflash – Member
    love the picture

Just close your eyes and you can see him, eh?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

But I thought CFH was a brickie from Huddersfield?

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’m scrubbing that picture out mentally – I meant the bloke in his pjs and furry slippers on the article.

macmclaren
    Free Member

Have to agree with CFH on this, i think if you work in a professional environment then you have to look the part.

Tho this fella has stretched it a bit far. Oh dear the crime of coming to work on a bike eh?

HackneyRider
    Free Member

Yeah cos what I wear affects the quality of the work I produce…

Out dated class attitudes in this country are rife, most people who wear the so called ‘correct attire’ are usually the ones who consider ‘quantity over quality’ as a good business approach & always ‘clock watch’…

nickc

Got bored waiting for the site to load.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I used to love buying / wearing ties, not now I hate it, it’s much easier to wear a nice suit and shirt without the hassle of picking a tie.

Though I’m in recruitment so I can just about get away without a tie, I’m also my own boss which helps.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am sitting in shirt-sleeves at my desk, in an office which looks worryingly like a teenager’s bedroom. I am about to go to a meeting at a client’s offices. Before I leave I shall put on a bespoke suit, a good tie and shall check the state of my shoes, hair, teeth etc.

I shall be rocking into a room full of people older and more experienced than I am, and telling them what to do. I know that the quality of my work is excellent, and would be excellent if I turned up in shorts and a vest. But I am not going to take the risk of them assuming a link between a bad suit and bad legal advice.

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Out dated class attitudes in this country are rife, most people who wear the so called ‘correct attire’ are usually the ones who consider ‘quantity over quality’ as a good business approach & always ‘clock watch’…

that’s the other reason I left salaried employment 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed, BD, there are still certain times and professions where proper attire is necessary to ensure that you’re seen in the right light.

For example, I want to see a lawyer in a suit, a doctor in a white coat and a pole dancer in a Wicked Weasel (DON’T GO LOOKIN’ AT WORK!).

Not necessarily stuffy or outdated, just appropriate for the job!

nickc

in an office which looks worryingly like a teenager’s bedroom.

Your office is filled with **** mags, 3 week old pizza slices, Play stations, and discarded, possibly radioactive socks and undercrackers?

Respect…

BigDummy
    Free Member

The great thing about it is that there’s a really cute girl in here as well Nick.

Stoner
    Free Member

The great thing about it is that there’s a really cute girl in here as well

and like any good teenager’s bedroom, she’s only your older sister’s friend who’s currently dating a much older guy and looks at you like she trod in something.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Natch. 🙁

HackneyRider
    Free Member

For example, I want to see a lawyer in a suit, a doctor in a white coat and a pole dancer in a Wicked Weasel (DON’T GO LOOKIN’ AT WORK!).

you really don’t get it do you…

uplink
    Free Member

(DON’T GO LOOKIN’ AT WORK!).

Too late – I already looked 🙂

scaredypants

, a doctor in a white coat …

good luck with that

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Have to agree with CFH on this, i think if you work in a professional environment then you have to look the part.

Er, ‘scuse me; the Posh Boy is only repeating what I said! More or less.

Clothes maketh not the mayn; but can be a reference to his character/profession.

I woon’t want a tatty Lawyer.

Moses

But WHY For example, do you want to see a lawyer in a suit, a doctor in a white coat and a pole dancer in a Wicked Weasel ??

Can you not see beyond the shell-suit to the substance of the man (or woman)?
    It’s a uniform, no more. Does BD stop being so punctilious once he takes his suit off? Will a policeman in plain clothes be less of an officious thug? (Apologies to the plods on here, I know you’re not like that)?

By kowtowing to the norm, and expecting it, you are perpetuating a situation where we value looks more than function. Which, I belive, is one reason why the UK is suffering in relation to many other countries.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Many of these points are elementary, but create a terrible impression and have in many cases been tolerated for too long. They will now cease.

With thanks for your co-operation.

I am not filled with the feeling that the writer is actually thankful for his subordinatescolleagues’ co-operation.

I think the leaking of harshly worded missives like this creates a far worse impression of a group of approachable, trustworthy, professionally-regulated ethically-practicing solicitors.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

White coats and ties have been banned for hospital doctors now as they are insanitary and a bad infection control risk.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I work in a Uni, dressing “up” isn’t actively encouraged, in fact as long as you look reasonably tidy and dont go around with holes in your jeans etc no-one cares. Perk of the job I suppose. I still try to dress a little more smartly for work though, jeans and a shirt is plenty 😀 (unless meeting people from industry, when it tends to help to present a less laid-back look!).

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Is this the work of Captainflash?’ is closed to new replies.