Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is this the best I could get for a £500 laptop?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-z50-70-15-6-laptop-white-10022700-pdt.html#longDesc

Went to currys today looking for replacement for my 6 yrs old laptop, but might wait for boxing day to purchase.. Needs to be Windows and full HD and i5 processor .. Any that can beat this in this price range? Cheers

Waderider
    Free Member

At a guess if you avoided a bricks and mortar retailer you would get more for your pound.

cranberry
    Free Member

If you don’t *need* it for Christmas then wait, you will get more for your money in the January sales.

Also, what Waderider said.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Yah might wait for boxing day and january deals, what is brick and mortar retailer by the way? Not familiar with that phrase

crouchingpig
    Free Member

It means, dont buy from a retail shop or something to that effect.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Got it . Cheers

cranberry
    Free Member

” brick and mortar retailer” = those with physical stores, in contrast to online retailers like Dell, etc.

The Dell outlet would be a good place to keep an eye on in the coming weeks.

br
    Free Member

tbh, unless you’re using another keyboard one of my main criteria with a laptop is the quality of the keyboard – how did it feel?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I think my laptop of choice beat yours Si spec wise.. Maybe looks too 😛

jeffl

Funny that recently got the same model laptop. But was upgraded to an i7 processor and downgraded to a standard hard disk. Costs £520 on Amazon looking at it today. Lenovo were also doing vat back, not sure if they still are. Overall its good only negatives are screen viewing angles, keyboard a bit bouncy and speakers are pap.

Saying that it was the best compromise I could get in performance, price quality.

ampthill

Si

You want a SSD (solid state hard drive)

midlifecrashes

Typing this on a Lenovo Z50 I got a few weeks back. Poverty spec i3/4G/1TB though. Seems nice enough, but as said screen angles not as good as a telly, and keyboard a bit flexy. I fiddled with sound settings and woke up more life from the speakers though. For me it was having a proper 1080 screen at about £400 that made me choose it.

Del

Si, have a tosh at work. don’t love it. keyboard has a habit of either not registering keystrokes or registering two of them. grr.
    dell or samsung get my vote.

jeffl

Yep agree with mid life crashes, wanted a good resolution so this fit the bill.

paulwf

I have that laptop which I bought a couple of weeks ago – I paid £549 but Lenovo were doing the VAT return thing which knocked of £85 ish once I get the rebate (can’t apply for several weeks).

We are happy with it, good resolution which we were looking for.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is this the best I could get for a £500 laptop?’ is closed to new replies.