Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • is this sensible? Cannondale Trigger 2 Carbon
  • ojays
    Free Member

I’m a sucker for a Cannondale and this seems a potential cracker at 2k.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s1p5185/CANNONDALE-TRIGGER-CARBON-2-2013

I’m after an all round bike. Mostly local trails so holmfirth, hebden but also the odd trip to a trail centre. There is a fair bit of climbing so it needs to be good at both up and down.

I tried a Spesh camber evo and it was ok but I’m not convinced on a full suss 29, it was a bit of a drag going up compared to my old trek ex9.

Thoughts on the dale? I’d be swapping the brakes to slx and adding a reverb. I’m not entirely convinced if it would go on my Thule 591, given the shock placement and carbon frame.

Alternative 26 or 650s for 2k? Happy to stay 26 as can’t imagine the difference is that big and there’s nowt wrong with them in my eyes. But then there’s not many new ones around anymore.

I’m pondering a canyon al+9 – the 8 looks better value but sold out in a small.

Cheers

MikeL
    Free Member

I am looking at one too mate – as an upgrade for a RZ 120

Did you get one or have any other thoughts.

My only worry is with the frame, it will be my 1st carbon frame and i am not sure how tough it will be compared to my alloy RZ.

Mike

campfreddie
    Free Member

i recently bought one of the carbon scalpel 26ers from there. i am on a mission to push it below 20bs whilst upping the wheel size to 650b (parts all ordered, just waiting for them all to arrive before i fit them).

an excellent beast for fast xc work (the flex-stays works beautifully), but fortunately, i have a yeti sb-66 for gnarly stuff

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just bought an alloy Trigger 1 29. Very flattering bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘is this sensible? Cannondale Trigger 2 Carbon’ is closed to new replies.