Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is this price right??
  • paulos
    Free Member

[/url]

seems a tad cheap compared to other sites? might buy em!!

tthew

From personal experience, I’d avoid because of the shop. They’re not in stock, and when I had this they were none to quick to fulfill my order. A mate of mine had the same thing, went to the shop as he was local and received ‘oh sorry mate, we forgot’ as an explanation.

That’s just me though, someone else may be along in a minute to explain how great they are.

Hairychested
    Free Member

There’s no polite way of describing the service my mate and I got from them a while ago. Never be back.
    Same with Leisure Lakes, utter tosh IME.

squiff
    Free Member

With any shop if it’s advertised at that price and you buy it at that price they have to oner it, it’s your customer rights, the law and so on

ojom
    Free Member

Incorrect.

squiff
    Free Member

No, it’s right, like once I went into Asda and they had put the 4 pack of relentless on the self where it said £1 and I told one of the employees there that they had made a mistake but I pointed it out that they had to sell them at that price and so they did, so I grab 4 packs.

Done it plenty of times when shops have messed up.

Underhill
    Free Member

I refer you to the Lyriks for £90 thread.

They don’t have to “honour” the deal if it’s an internet sale. Different if you’re in the shop with cash dealing with an employee who doesn’t give a stuff

And at £1 for 4 tins of Relentless you were still robbed

squiff
    Free Member

Underhill

True in wot you say, but they were a supervisor so they should care

and £1 is better than £4ish

wwaswas

Personally, I’d have ordered and waited until they turned up (or not) before posting on here.

retailers do read the forum you know.

amplebrew

I bought my Kona Unit from them in September and couldn’t fault them.

I’d heard that their website stock wasn’t always updated, so I just e-mailed them first.

They went and checked their stock and I got an answer back within an hour.

The bike then arrived in 3 days.

I’d definately use them again.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not correct – IF they sell it, it HAS to be for that price BUT they DO NOT HAVE to sell it you 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Can’t fault them for items in stock although as amplebrew says, sometimes stuff is listed as in stock when it’s no longer available. Very quick to reply to emails though and most stock stuff is sent out same or next day.

speaker2animals

Yeah cos ASDA supervisors must be earning so much money that they can’t help but be eager to do everything possible to help a multi billion pound business recoup a £3 mistake. I know it shouldn’t be that way and in a lot of cases isn’t. But then again in a lot of cases it is.

A lot of shops, especially supermarkets will honour a pricing mistake as they value the feel good factor more than a few quid (though it might be different now that so many sell high value consumer durables. I wonder if they honour a mistake if a TV that should be £399 was accidentally labelled at £3.99.

My understanding is that no shop/retailer is obliged to sell you anything, just like a pub isn’t obliged to serve you. As said positive/negative feedback may/may not be important to them.

epicyclo

I’ve bought the odd thing or two from Winstanleys. No problems.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’ve made 2 orders from winstanleys, they have neither time did they send any of the right items.

In reply to squiff, I’ve worked in bike shops and other shops. You do not have to sell anything to anyone. That is the law. Even if the price is marked correctly I do not have to sell it to you.

If the law did actually state that the shop had to sell you things at the price marked, what is stopping people from swapping prices around and then forcing the shop to sell it at that price?

foxyrider
    Free Member

GBP Sterling £419.99, Saving £46.66 (10%) on RRP (£466.65)

Gone back up again!

BTW if that have authorised your card for £150 could they then charge your card for £419.99-£150 or would the have to contact you to authorize the extra?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is this price right??’ is closed to new replies.