• This topic has 33 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Is this normal behaviour for a 5yr old?!
  • hora
    Free Member

Hes boistrous to say the least and does things like punch me in the nuts thinking its funny. This weekend he suddenly ratcheded it up and started back-talking, acting REALLY cheeky back, its all of a sudden/out of nowhere to both of us.

Then yesterday- stuck his finger up his bum and asked me to smell it and laughing alot chasing me.

Its like living with a cast member of MTV’s Jackass.

W-T-F. Is that normal? I try to not act annoyed, startled or laugh to encourage him but he seems to be getting worse suddenly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

stuck his finger up his bum and asked me to smell it and laughing alot

I’m 43 and still doing that to people. It’s normal enough behaviour isn’t it?

scotroutes

I’m 43 and still doing that to people. It’s normal enough behaviour isn’t it?[/quote]Sticking your finger up other folks bums?

Do you play rugby?

johndoh
    Free Member

He goes to school. School also teaches them things you will find surprising.

GrahamS

Hes boistrous to say the least and does things like punch me in the nuts thinking its funny.

My angelic five year old daughter was sat at breakfast the other day. She quietly picked up a doll, dropped it on her lap, and exclaimed “Oooo me bollocks!”

I nearly choked on my muesli.

rocketman
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter what you say to them they take their lead from you

If they’re doing it they’ve seen or heard you do it

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mine did enjoy saying bum a lot at that age and farting
    they never shoved their finger up their arse than asked me to smell it

wwaswas

stuck his finger up his bum and asked me to smell it and laughing alot chasing me.

Could someone pass the mind bleach please?

jekkyl

Did you smell his finger?

nickc

perfectly normal behaviour

Esme
    Free Member

Genetics? Nature and nurture? 🙄

johndoh
    Free Member

If they’re doing it they’ve seen or heard you someone do it

mj27
    Free Member

have 3 kids and are are angels and monsters at various times but certain things have to be off limits.

These would include swear words, known by the kids but not used.
    Kicking in nuts

There are others but (like your latest issue) they need to be put in the never repeat category.

Parenting is hard and creates arguments between adults, keep doing you best, it is better than doing nothing. You will know how well you did in 20 years time.

cheese@4p

Spot on mj27

bensales
    Free Member

Normal enough once they’ve started school. My son (6) gets a single warning on things like that and is told what the punishment will be if they do it again. Second occurrence results in the punishment. I feel education in boundaries is important. I also make it clear which things are completely unacceptable and which ones aren’t so bad but I’d prefer he doesn’t do it. The kicking in the nuts and the finger up the bum would certainly be in the former category. Our unbreakable family rule is you don’t hurt people intentionally.

Stoner
    Free Member

My two are in the middle of a phase of jabbing each other in their “peanuts”. I think they have misheard.

hora
    Free Member

‘Peanuts’ yep he calls it that too.

Ok time for Mega City Justice for hora jnr

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mj speaks many words of wisdom. My kids are 27/24/21 and it’s now you really see all the hardwork was worth it.

OP, swearing is normalish. Pushing/the odd bit of boisterous behaviour likewise. The “nut punching” and the finger thing definitely not to be repeated.

hora
    Free Member

Picking up things from school- he also said he was going to poo on my face 😯 (and to his mum) fart on her face.

Neither of us would say these words. Its difficult not to smirk though when you first hear them come out.

johndoh
    Free Member

Our two 5 yr old girls say stuff like that too, nothing wrong with a bit of it I don’t think.

GrahamS

Neither of you would ever say “poo” or “fart”? Really?

I feel I have misjudged you hora 😀

hora
    Free Member

I feel I have misjudged you hora

Dear Sir you have dallied with incorrect thoughts.

GrahamS

Is that a Rapha jacket?

stumpy01

GrahamS – Member

Is that a Rapha jacket?

Paul Smith, I think….

bruneep

Nooo its the flounce dress of choice of many a stw’er

puppypower
    Free Member

The other day my 6 year old shouted down the stairs “Mummmmy…..my sister just licked my poo hole” (she had as well)
    His sister is 4.

Revolting creatures.

hora
    Free Member

Is that a story that you pocket for later? To tell at a 17yr old dinner table conversation?

ajc
    Free Member

I’m assuming you didn’t watch ‘we need to talk about Kevin’ last night.

BillOddie

Sounds pretty standard to me.

My best advise is “try not to laugh”!!!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Kids……bless em all, these stories are making me howl……thankfully I’m now a grandparent I only have to tolerate her for short periods…..her mum can’t believe the tails and tall stories and some behaviours, until I remind her what she got up to as a child of the similar age. 😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Give him a slap on his head.
    By the time he’s 20, he’ll be disciplined but might have a flat head.

Before I get flamed, my son is now at medical school and I did kick his butt physically and mentally.

nick1962
    Free Member

A work colleague went on a Pontins type family holiday years ago.The first night there was a new guest/family reception event in the show bar with all the holiday families and entertainment staff there.Her 5 year old son,dead excited, rushed up to the stage when they called for volunteers.After a couple of icebreaker questions,what’s your name,where are you from,what football team do you support ,point out your family-cue them under a spotlight .The final question from the children’s entertainer was “What are your looking forward to most on your holiday, George from Oldham?”
    “Having sex with my sister” he replied.

ampthill

It doesn’t sound great to me. I’m not saying my 2 haven’t been bad in lots of ways but this sounds like it needs to end

Ok time for Mega City Justice for hora jnr

It a bit rubbish giving advice as it can be a bit holier than though. I’m not saying I know it all but the advice I got was

Better behavior, more attention less boredom. Treats

Bad behavior less attention more boredom

Its really hard to do as reacting in most ways breaks the rules. Laughing or cross dad is interesting

hora
    Free Member

Nick1962 are you sure George wasnt from Hebden Bridge/Todmorden….

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Is this normal behaviour for a 5yr old?!’ is closed to new replies.