Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Is this car insurance quote reasonable?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

£278 for a 2litre petrol Mondeo, fully comp, 36yo bloke and 30yo woman (provisional licence) in south east.

I'd get more quotes to compare but I have an aversion to meerkats or Peter Jones, and literally don't have the time this week.

That's the renewal price btw, so what do you think?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually sounds fair enough to me.

It's all going to really depend on your voluntary excess though at this stage (assuming you have a lot of no-claims), and whether you have free legals and hire car in the evnt of a no-fault accident…

joolsburger
    Free Member

check esure

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not too bad I suppose, depends largely on the value of the vehicle. Im paying 260 for me and the missus (both 28) on a 2ltr turbo D peugeot estate, in scotland.

steviegil
    Free Member

Seems reasonable mate, im £300 with full NC and drive a 2.0T vectra im 30 and she is 29 but we do live in the wilderness 😆

Davy
    Free Member

I'd take their hands off for that…

nickjb
    Free Member

Its not bad but I think you could get it down another £50 or so by looking around and playing with extras and excess. Depends if that's worth the hassle.

Most insurance ads are annoying and put you off, especially any involving Michael Winner, unfortunately the ones that advertise also get the best rates IME.

vinnyeh

who's it with? Most companies will give you another 10-20% off over the web if you're a new signer. Loads of other ways of getting the cost down, but it takes time and effort, and sounds like it may not be owrth it for you. Maybe worth calling them though, and saying you got a quote for (say 230- 235 from company x (make the quote up) and seeing if they'll match for the renewal?

Gribs

It seems very cheap to me considering there's someone with a provisional licence on it.

anagallis_arvensis

My insurance has always been around £300 since I was 18, I get more for my money now I'm 35 an full no claims though (fully comp and girlfriend who is a new driver on policy). I'm sure you could get £30 or £50 off if you could be bothered.

Elmo
    Free Member

Mines £350 fully comp on an Alfa 156. I'm 31

I'd say thats about right. But you'd be daft not to check a few others.
    Especially if its a renewal.
    As a "new" customer other companies will probably offer you more of an initial discount as an incentive.

I couldn't wait to get to 25 for the cheap insurance……….Then they said oh it'll come down when your 30.

……..Guess i'll have to wait!

PePPeR

I always wonder how **** cheap our Insurance would be if we hadn't got to pay for all the advertising?

If you look in Yellow pages, half of it is insurance advertisng,and half the TV adverts are for insurance.

It does make me wonder how much we pay for all of this advertising?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Ive just paid £446 fully comp thats with 9 year no claims , parked on drive at nite , only me as driver , i`m 41 and do 12000 miles a year ..nissan primera diesel 2.2 .. thought it was expensive , but tried loads of places and still no cheaper …
    Live in birmingham .

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Will check alternatives if I get time, but if not it's good to know most think it's a good price.

With Aviva btw.

user-removed
    Free Member

Stumpy, I live in the (one-time) car crime capital of England and my premium's £130 less than yours with a 10 year old TD Focus estate, fully comp and a fair few extras – do you use the comparison sites?

#apologies to OP for totally unhelpful post#

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    Stumpy, I live in the (one-time) car crime capital of England and my premium's £130 less than yours with a 10 year old TD Focus estate, fully comp and a fair few extras – do you use the comparison sites?

#apologies to OP for totally unhelpful post#

Yes ive used comparison sites , as well as stand alone sites and still get crap quotes !
    not sure if its the car or where i live / mileage etc ?

MikeG

Doesn't seem too bad, Similar ages and drivers on a 2l Alfa 156 last year was £210 in Leicestershire, that was £15 cheaper with the missus on a provisional than with me on my own!

Wait till shes passed her test though……..my insurance wanted another £500 when I told them, used confused and got fully comp with the PO for both of us for £300.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Is that the basic quote or the quote with bits & bobs added on ?

Sounds good to me anyway, just over a fiver a week..

glenh
    Free Member

Sounds pretty cheap to me.

TN
    Free Member

If that's your renewal price they you really should ring a couple more places because a lot say they will guarantee to beat your renewal quote.

Already sounds like a good price to me anyway, so if you CAN get a further discount then why not?

user-removed
    Free Member

Zurich are offering to beat ANY quote if you sign up before next year – bargain!

*probably by thruppence.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Is this car insurance quote reasonable?’ is closed to new replies.