Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is this bolt not right?
  • Wally

Pivot Mach 429sl frame only about 10 rides old.
    All the bolts are set like concrete, so I suspect threadlocked and frame is totally solid and silent, bike rides ace, but I don’t like the look of this bolt…..

What do you think? Time for a coffee and strip down?

Wally.

nytmadn
    Free Member

That does look like considerably more play behind the bolt that I would have thought was acceptable, I assume it’s a lot tighter the other side?
    If so it’s definitely worth further investigation, perhaps before stripping it down email Pivot with those pics?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m not familiar with those frames but could it be a spacer or a bearing with a shoulder.

Wally

Look like “36” two bolts should screw into each other?

swanny853

If it’s the same as the bearings on my other halfs Mach 5.7c, which that diagram supports, the bearings have an extended inner race, essentially acting as a spacer, which is what gives that gap. Does he other side look the same?

It looks about right from memory

swanny853

You are talking about the gap between the inner face of the link and the frame, right?

Wally

Yes the gap, although I am glad I am asking whilst having a coffee, because the other side is bob on and the block is a solid lump, so it must be a spacer I have never noticed before?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is this bolt not right?’ is closed to new replies.