Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is this a joke?
  • jonnych
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45454
    Over £30 for a seatclamp, not even quick release! Not meaning to sound like an old fart but surely this is a bit ridiculous

adeward
    Free Member

but it's 21 g

mk1fan
    Free Member

Very nice looking piece of kit. Even lighter with a ti bolt. Probably $30 in Canada.

julianwilson
    Free Member

…the word 'straitline' seems to add a 40% premnium over what you would expect to pay for any other boutique brand. Is the pound really getting that weak??

Hope make their own stuff in house in the western world with humanely treated and paid workers and still manage to be both the industry standard for many of the parts they produce, and also significantly cheaper than straitline. I really can't imagine how they justify the price in any other terms than what someone will be preared to pay to have something a bit different.

mk1fan
    Free Member

The pound is still pretty strong against CAN$ but HMRC what to hump you on the import. VAT rate on my last import was 21.5% although I'm quering this. Plus import duty, plus overheads, plus profit/risk reward and you're at £31.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

My straitline pedals were worth every penny and certainly not 40% more than equivalents of similar quality.

njee20
    Free Member

21g?

My New Ultimate one was £25, came with a ti bolt, and weighs 7g!

This BTP one is <3g, but costs €99.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Oh that New Ultimate kit looks good can't see a UK dealer though.

aracer
    Free Member

Or there's KCNC at 14g and £13.

dmiller
    Free Member

Thats a big pink ring…

Hairychested
    Free Member

^^^c0ck ring?

dmiller
    Free Member

^^^c0ck ring?

I think I would prefer chamfered edges for that… Also 34.9 might be a bit small for me… 😆

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

^^^c0ck ring?

I think I would prefer chamfered edges for that… Also 34.9 might be a bit small for me…

😉

njee20
    Free Member

Oh that New Ultimate kit looks good can't see a UK dealer though.

I'm the UK distributor 🙂

nicko74

No, a joke would be 'doctor, doctor, I'm covered in clingfilm' 'well I can clearly see you're nuts'
    🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is this a joke?’ is closed to new replies.