Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is this a good telly for the price?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new telly and found this

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/samsung-ue50hu6900-smart-4k-ultra-hd-50-led-tv-10004762-pdt.html#cat-0

It seems a good price but I don’t know much about tv’s.

Is this any good or can anyone point me towards a better deal?

Thanks

iolo
    Free Member

Yes it does,
    It’s being donated to my sister therefore I am in the market for a new one. 😆

tonyplym
    Free Member

Very little 4K content available, so you’re paying an early-adopters premium for something that you won’t get much benefit from and that’ll get way cheaper when the content becomes more readily available.

thehustler
    Free Member

Yes, but does the 4k make it better value than

ue48h6400

Can also be had at same price from John Lewis with 5 yr guarantee included

We had one delivered last thursday and tbh its awesome!

Drac

Yup save £200 and get the 1080p version.

cp

A 4k TV is gonna have to be doing a lot of up scaling even with a full gd input signal, never mind an SD signal. The picture quality for the next few years may actually be much worse than a much cheaper TV.

bruneep

3% cash back via Quidco as well

iolo
    Free Member

I get 8% off with a works thing.

snaps
    Free Member
    globalti
    Free Member

I once visited a TV factory in a town called Jasberenyi in Hungary where they made four different brands including Samsumg. I asked the production manager if there was any difference and he replied, as I expected, that all the TVs are made with the same components, they are just specced differently and have different outer cases. I asked him which one he would buy and he said “on balance probably the Samsumg but very little in it”.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Go to John Lewis and get them to price match. Currys are crap to deal with when stuff goes wrong.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with the 4k stuff just yet though. Not enough content and the “delivery system” needs sorting out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is this a good telly for the price?’ is closed to new replies.