Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is this a "cannae be arsed" quote?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

£400 to install two cat flaps and fit some MDF shelving in a storage cupboard.

Doors are 5cm thick hardwood (otherwise I’d do the cat flaps myself) and we’re talking 7 L-shaped shelves in the corner of a cupboard, each about 0.7 sq m plus end panels which adds up to about 6 sq m of MDF. Also strapping on the (brick) walls for attachment and some support brackets (2 per shelf).

I’m guessing a days labour at most.

Does that sound like a reasonable quote or has he seen me coming?

stumpyjon

Doesn’t seem to bad to me, sounds like full day if not two. Sounds like quite a lot of work involved in the shelves.

bruneep

sounds fair enough to me, a lot of shelving to do there.

How is he going to feed and clothe his family and pay for his new MTB bits? or is he not allowed to do this?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Hmmm.

My first reaction was “WTF!” but the more I think about it, it may be reasonable. Second quote in the offing which should give me a better idea.

Thanks stumpyjon.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not wanting to stiff the guy, bruneep. But equally, not keen on being stiffed either.

Happy to pay the going rate for the job.

buttercup
    Free Member

Good lord. Where do you live? I’ll do it for a free meal!

nealglover
    Free Member

Seems fair enough to me.

TheFlyingOx

So I could set up in business chopping holes in doors and putting up shelves, and I could charge £400 a day?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Or, with less risk of putting your back out, deliver some PowerPoints that feature the phrase “going forward” on every other slide.

Job’s a good ‘un.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is this a "cannae be arsed" quote?’ is closed to new replies.