Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is this a bit rubbish or……
  • Hicksy
    Free Member

…am I just hoping for too much?

Just before Xmas, one of the big on-line retailers had a “20% off everthing” sale, so having had a certain bike in mind for some time, I bit the bullet and ordered the bike. At the time it said “out of stock and due in shortly” so I emailed them and asked when it was due. They told me 2-5 working day – woohoo I thought. Anyway a few days later, being all excited, I had another look at the picture of the bike on their website and they had changed the “due in shortly” to “due early March” I emailed them to check this was correct and the said sorry, but yes it was. I wasn’t bothered by this, but I had another look last night to see if the date was still the same and noticed a line at the top of the order saying that any order not fulfilled within 30 days will be automatically cancelled. I emailed them to ask about this saying that it had been more that 30 days already so assumed this didn’t apply. They emailed back to say they would cancel the order 30 days from today. They confirmed that if it was (automatically) cancelled and I did re-order then I’d loose my 20% saving. I’ve asked if they can increase the the time before it’s cancelled, but they say no. So Basically, if the bike arrives and is processed in the first couple of days in March, then everything is funky, if not then I can re-order it at RRP. Does this appear a bit rubbish to you?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes and they obviously don’t want your business.

rOcKeTdOg

bit of a swizz really, if they didn’t honour the original agreement i’d tell ’em where to stick the bike

andrewh
    Free Member

CRC by any chance? Their customer service is generally woeful

Jamie
    Free Member

Sound like Wiggle.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Sounds like wiggle based on one of the other threads the other day. I’d give them a call and talk to someone about your issue. Hopefully someone there will see sense, or I’d be taking my business elsewhere. I’m sure your LBS would be keen to do a deal of some sort with some extras if you took your business there instead. It might not be 20% off, but your average LBS will give you much more personal service IMO.

Hicksy
    Free Member

No NOT CRC (or Merlin) – 1st time I’ve used ’em. The 20% off was the reason I ordered from them – I won’t be re-ordering with them at the full price.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Yes it is Wiggle – has someone else had he same thing then? I do prefer to buy stuff from my LBS but they don’t stock the brand and the 20% discount was the sweetener.

avdave2

I’ve caught Wiggle before cheating on their sales. Basically they announced 20% of all waterproofs but at the same time moved the Gill Pro Speed jacket from the waterproof category to the windproof category. I e-mailed them and was fobbed off with the story that the sale was determined by the marketing department and the change of category by the product manager and that they had in no way colluded with each other.

Quite frankly I’d find it easier to believe cynic-al and TJ are about to announce their civil partnership.

grahamh
    Free Member

Is that all a single sentance!!!!!

avdave2

No, but I think there may have been a 20% reduction in full stops.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is this a bit rubbish or……’ is closed to new replies.