• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • is there such a thing as a quality but silly cheap easy erect single/2 man tent?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

before i just do the argos/millets/mountain warehouse thing does anyone know if you can get a cheap quick n easy 1 or 2 man tent from anywhere thats on par with the high street prices but better quality?

its not for extreme camping, mainly single nights for the boy to sleep when we go out in the camper and i may use it occasionally.

Stoner
    Free Member

as an add-on to the camper why not just get a pop up tent. So simple to use.

sambob
    Free Member

Decathlon pop up tent.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Alpkit?

BoardinBob

Popup tent for the win. My double skinned one from Decathlon is great and cost about £20

Northwind

Decathlon popup for me too- I got a more expensive Air model because I’m a lazy swine and like to lie in, the air vents make things much more habitable on a hot day. It is superb, really. Not as tough or as generally useful as my proper tent but then proper tent takes about 30 minutes to pitch

nedrapier

if you’re going to use it, check it’s long enough for you. Scoopy profile means the length doesn’t tell the whole story.

Lesson learnt whilst chuckling at my 6’2″ mate’s feet and head imprints on the ends of his girlfriend’s pop-up tent. 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

I think alpkit dont do tents like they do other stuff. The models they have are not inexpensive and aimed more at the mountaineering crowd than back/bike packers.

I keep getting emails from Field and Trek on some of their deals at the moment and some look v interesting.

Bob @ backpackinglight has some interesting, not too expensive stuff on his site at the moment too
    http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF102-3.html
    http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF119.html

pondo

Decathlon FTW.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers, no decathlon in cornwall but once again they come up so maybe i should start a petition to have a store opened!! ; )

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got a 2 man single pole gelert that takes about 5 mins to put up cost about £40. Had it about 10 years, use it 4-5 times a year it works perfectly well. Unless you’re up the matterhorn every weekend most outdoorshop own brands will get the job done.

kudos
    Free Member

I picked up a Vango Mirage 300 from Go Outdoors yesterday and it’s fantastic.

Semi-geodesic design means you can move it round without dropping it like hoop designs.

RRP is £180, G.O. had it for £149.99 but I found it online for £135.00

Go Outdoors do a “beat by 10%” routine so I ended up paying about £125 which is an absolute steal for such a good piece of kit.

pondo

cheers, no decathlon in cornwall but once again they come up so maybe i should start a petition to have a store opened!! ; )

You can order online, but they charge for delivery – still cheaper than driving to the nearest one in the next county. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘is there such a thing as a quality but silly cheap easy erect single/2 man tent?’ is closed to new replies.