Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is there something wrong with my fork set up?
  • reeso
    Free Member

This is what my remote lock out thingamybob looks like on the fork of my Cube Ltd Race

This is the remote bit when the fork is in “full travel mode” .

Shouldn’t the little lever be like that when it is locked out (no travel)?

Liftman

That be back to front

hambl90
    Free Member

Looks like the cable guide on top of the fork is the wrong way round to me .

stilltortoise
    Free Member

In answer to your question, yes, it certainly looks like it.

mmel
    Free Member

Edit – on closer inspection it looks like the cable is going onto the spool the wrong way. Bit of DIY handiwork required to re align.

reeso
    Free Member

Just checking I wasn’t going mad.

Thank you Sir, I’ll have a bash tomorrow.

reeso
    Free Member

Just in case anyone else has same problem I thought I’d post the email I received from a very helpful sram employee.

“Hello Chris,

Thank you for your email. It appears that you have the incorrect remote unit for your 2013 Reba fork. The compatible remote for the remote compression damper for your fork is the 2013 Pushloc. Your bike is equipped with a Poploc, and the Poploc is not compatible with your fork. Two things make it so: the spring in the 2013 remote compression damper, and the amount of cable pull the remote damper requires.

The Poploc is our older model remote, designed to lock out a compression damper when it is pushed forward, pulling cable, moving the damper remote spool into the lockout position. On your Reba 2013 fork, the internal spring in the compression damper is in reverse: when the cable is released, the fork is locked out, and when it is pulled, it is open. This is why the lockout button on your Poploc looks so odd- the lockout is effectively in reverse. The Reba 2013 remote damper also requires a shorter amount of cable pull to actuate properly, 10mm of cable pull. The Poploc pulls 17mm of cable, too much for the 2013 remote compression damper.

Check out the Notes section on page 33 in the RockShox spare parts manual, found on the service portion of our website:
    http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/_vsHOKraQvVdZbP1gLbC3gOoYniUOjbJv1kegx6C93w/mtime:1383143110/sites/default/files/techdocs/2014_rockshox_spc_rev_a_0.pdf

The remote you need is (item #8 on page 34):
    00.4318.002.005 Remote upgrade Kit – 2013 PushLoc 10mm Cable Pull Remote Kit Left MMX
    (includes: PushLoc Left, MatchMaker knuckle, cable & housing) compatible with 2013 damper only

All RockShox spare parts can be ordered through your local bicycle dealer. Please bring the part number to your local bicycle dealer, and they can special order the parts for you.

Regards,
    SRAM USA
    http://www.sram.com

Service and Technical Documents:
    http://www.sram.com/service

Now I just need the shop I bought it from or Cube to admit they supplied the wrong part.

reeso
    Free Member

A quick update

JeJamescycles have contacted Cube and have sorted me with the correct pushloc.

So, cheers Glenn @ JeJames.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is there something wrong with my fork set up?’ is closed to new replies.