Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Is there nothing that China can't make and ship to UK cheaper than doing it here
  • aP
    Free Member

Well, there’s been talk for several years now about the tipping point when the far east outsourcers discover that fast moving jit systems require local production. I wonder whether that’ll actually happen?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hope customer service.

chiefgrooveguru

Houses.

konabunny
    Free Member

Chinese companies haven’t yet been able to make pithy form posts, so our jobs are all safe.

Wyeth put a lot of money into clinical research in Scotland as it represents a unique environment for study. Nowhere on earth is there such a population of sick people

Scotland needs to increase inward investment so it should reduce healthcare spending = more sick people = more pharma investment. Get in there!

KT1973
    Free Member

Travis

Everyone wants things cheaper + Companies want to make more profit = move manufacturing to areas where Governments offer crazy incentives to employ people in low tech, labour rich industries.

The UK wants to develop Advanced Manufacturing, the government needs to put money into it.
    The government though, has been here in China, asking Chinese companies to invest their money into the UK.

edhornby

brands – far eastern kit is manufactured to the same quality generally but no one rides a hong fu bike do they

ridingscared
    Free Member

bongo films.

oldgit
    Free Member

Wiring accessories, in my trade dreadful stuff comes over from China.
    One particulary bad product was steel conduit boxes, looked okay from the outside, but the insides were so bad that any wire put through them was instantly stripped. This led to fires and electricution.
    Had the same with lights, sockets etc etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

They CAN make good stuff in China, they just sometimes don’t!

hilldodger
    Free Member

I bet they can’t make that funny workman’s sucking noise that precedes the phrase ‘ooooh, that’s gonna be a tricky job’

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Well the Finnish/English company I work for exports 75% of it’s production to China. And we’re doing pretty well at it.
    😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Wiring accessories, in my trade dreadful stuff comes over from China.
    One particulary bad product was steel conduit boxes, looked okay from the outside, but the insides were so bad that any wire put through them was instantly stripped. This led to fires and electricution.
    Had the same with lights, sockets etc etc.

Isn’t this part of the plan? Undercut the competition and sell crap. Receive the revenues from said crap and re-invest in the company, gradually improving quality. You know, just like the Japanese did.

oldgit
    Free Member

Isn’t this part of the plan? Undercut the competition and sell crap. Receive the revenues from said crap and re-invest in the company, gradually improving quality. You know, just like the Japanese did

Actually that’s exactly what they do, in a year or so it’ll be ‘top dollar’

donsimon
    Free Member

Actually that’s exactly what they do, in a year or so it’ll be ‘top dollar’

And also top quality?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Is there nothing that China can't make and ship to UK cheaper than doing it here’ is closed to new replies.