Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is there anything like a Chromecast for audio?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Got a radio with an aux in and was wondering if there is anything around that would allow me to stream music to it from my iPod etc…

Cheers

P20

Airport express?

grum
    Free Member

I use an old airport express off ebay.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sorry, meant to say self-powered but I guess the Chromecast uses HDMI so is powered from that and an aux in isn’t capable of being self powered.

Still, an Airport is a good call..

CaptainSlow

I find the AE to be utter pants. I’d recommend paying a little extra for Apple TV and using it for audio instead. Google AE dropouts for reference.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Chromecast is actually powered by USB somewhat disappointingly. If you want it to wake the telly I had to use an external USB power supply as well as it wasn’t powered when the telly was off (couldn’t get the telly to maintain USB power).
    Airport express does the job you want though.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I use an Airport express, works great, no issues really.

Bimbler
    Free Member

DLNA box like a veetop or Neet.

grum
    Free Member

My AE is super-reliable. No dropouts ever.

marmaduke
    Free Member
    sam_underhill

I’ve just ordered an hdmi to rca box on eBay for £11. Going to experiment using this with a chromecast to stream audio to my kitchen stereo.

alanf
    Free Member

I was looking at this recently.
    Dlink do the home music everywhere which does what you want and also works as a wifi extender.

I’ve not got one, but I’m thinking it could be on the cards

xc-steve
    Free Member

Bluetooth to 3.5mm?

First ebay hit…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is there anything like a Chromecast for audio?’ is closed to new replies.