Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is there any riding to be had around the village of Seahouses, Northumberland?
  • jamieandangela
    Free Member

The wife is dragging me off to the above location for a week long holiday, is there any local riding to be had? Or is there anything good within an hour or so?

Thanks for any help.

Jamie

warton
    Free Member

the Cheviots are about 40 miles away, there’s some good riding there.I don’t know of any stuff right on the coast though

coastkid
    Free Member

lots of easy bridleways around bamburgh castle,nothing exciting,what you can see on the OS map,more around wooler and you can trail onto cheviot from there

Spud

About an hour or so to Kielder. Bugger all around Seahouses though. Still chill out and enjoy the place it’s very nice.

brant
    Free Member

Buy a parafoil kite.
    Play on the beach.

Drac

Love to know which way Spud goes to Kielder from Seahouses are what he drives.

There’s some costal riding to be had but mostly cheeky stuff or head in land to Ingram, Wooler, Rothbury, Alnwinton and Thrunton.

Email in my profile I live on Alnwick whish is about 15 miles from Seahouses can show you some delights.

Actually Brant is right check out http://www.ka-kitesurfing.co.uk

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wooler has some good stuff in and around it.

Seahouses is a bit of a bucket and spade hole, IMO, sorry to say. Head down the coast a little to Low Newton for lunch at the Ship, though. Lovely spot!

Drac

Head down the coast a little to Low Newton for lunch at the Ship, though. Lovely spot!

Shhhh!

But yeah sadly Seahouses is becoming tiny Blackpool.

Merlinman

Or if you want to avoid the Hooray Henrys* at Low Newton, nip to the Jolly Fisherman at Craster for their crab sarnies and lovely home made chips – then across the road to Robsons for freshly smoked kippers!

*I did spot David Miliband there 🙂

Drac

I did spot David Miliband there

He’s South Shields MP so possibly why, but yeah does get a bit full of hoorahs.

Spud

Love to know which way Spud goes to Kielder from Seahouses are what he drives

A quick car, faster than I should and via Alnwick and head west. I did say an hour or so….

😉

Drac

True but it’ll take me a hour from here and I drive err rather nippy and know the roads well.

Spud

I’m optimistic!

Drac

lol

abductee
    Free Member

I think this would be the nearest route in the cheviots

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Cold-Law

peajay

Never mind the riding, go to the horror exhibition, it’s priceless!!
    PJ.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is there any riding to be had around the village of Seahouses, Northumberland?’ is closed to new replies.