Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is there a trick to taking your seat off a Thomson post??
  • psychle
    Free Member

Basically, do you have to completely remove the bolts and disassemble the seat mount entirely, or should you be able to remove the seat without this? Is there a trick that I’m missing? I just can’t figure it out, sorry! 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Angle grinder and dynamite.

Tis the only way…

Count
    Free Member

It’s basically a wrench, swear and yank till it bends or take it all apart. I have never found that bit the easiest part of the design, it always seems to be loose bits of metal facing the wrong way.

I also find it a pain to get to the allen bolts without somehow managing to scratch the post (this is more likely when the post is new).

psychle
    Free Member

Ok then… I thought I was just being dense! nice to hear it’s a bit of a faff for others as well 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Just undo the back bolt all the way, then the lower clamp will fall out and the saddle can be popped off. Easy.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I just undo both bolts. I’ve never been in that much of a hurry to get my saddle off that I’ve needed a quick way to do it.

And how do you manage to scratch the post when doing up the bolts?

psychle
    Free Member

how do you manage to scratch the post when doing up the bolts?

When you use a multi tool, like I do 😉 I need to buy some proper tools!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is there a trick to taking your seat off a Thomson post??’ is closed to new replies.