Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is there a singletrackworld equivalent for Snow Sports?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

As per title? specifically a decent classifieds…

Stuey01
    Free Member

Goneboarding.co.uk has a classifieds.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What you come on here and have the cheek to ask if you can speak with other forums?!

You disgust me! Take your coat and never come back!

nbt

Snowheads. Natives. j2ski.

MussEd
    Free Member

Yeti – I did feel dirty typing it, but I’m not going to even pretend to try and ride a bike in this, over a foot of snow here right beside the sea? Nae danger am I venturing into the hills…and I’m actually looking for a skiing/snowboard jacket so when I get it, I’ll take it and go!

Anyway thanks everyone else!

philconsequence
    Free Member

TK Max for jackets 🙂 i can def reccommend the “surfanic” ones, not hugelypopular over hear but big out in other countries that are faster to catch on to quality over branding.

but yeah +1 on goneboarding

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Okay MussEd as long as you only go there for technical advice… STW is still a bit hurt though.

jamiep
    Free Member

I read darksnow.co.uk which is small but has seasoned folk willing to impart advice

There is also snowboardclub.co.uk which has a younger clientèle with a propensity for talking like they are rad to the power of gnar

MussEd
    Free Member

jamiep – was at Hillend Ski centre yesterday and there was at least one guy {white} with dreadlocked ginger hair “hollering” about how “stoked” he was about the “pow” we were carving…

I was happy snowploughing my way down and occasionally crashing…so I may avoid that one…

philconsequence
    Free Member

why does being white matter? 😕

agreed that its worth pointing out he’s ginger… nobody likes a ginger. but why does it matter he’s white with dreads?

MussEd
    Free Member

Wrong in my book..sorry if that offends you. But there you are…though if you say that about ginger hair you can’t really take any moral stance…

philconsequence
    Free Member

well that’s just casual racism… the hair grown from a white scalp dreads just as easily as the hair from anyone elses.

why is it wrong?

(no need to apologise, i’m not that offended 🙂 just wonder why it matters or could be seen as wrong)

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Winterhighland – kinda like STW but more folk walking the talk.

Mainly Scottish scene though…

pigyn
    Free Member

Winterhighland – kinda like STW but more folk walking the talk.

Will you marry me?

pigyn
    Free Member

Oh and phil… while you can get really good dreads in any hair type if you know what you are doing and how to look after it, saying it is ‘just as easy’ is plain lies.. if you have smooth, straight hair like a lot of white folk, then it is much harder to get a decent result than if you have curly dry hair.

White folk with bad, dirty dreads piss me off. And they don’t work well in the snow either. He may have been ‘stoked on the pow’ then but wouldn’t have felt very steezy that night when his hairs still wet for the next 24 hours. They can also kind of freeze and snap. Not as in, snap off, but go brittle and get damaged for sure.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

i know all about ze dreads (straight smooth hair – white skin – clean, non-waxy, non-smelly dreads for 10 years) and i dont really have any issue with people thinking its wrong on white people….

us white dreadlocked skallywags definitely bring it on ourselves; when it comes to most white dreadslocks… they’re usually smelly, fluffy and backcombed, dirty and attached to a moron who presents themselves as a stoner/waster/drug dealer!

what i do have a little issue with is people thinking its wrong for white people to have dreads when they wouldn’t point out to a black person that its “wrong” to have their hair chemically straightened etc.

bluebird
    Free Member

felt very steezy

I think you rock a steez, rather than feel it. As in: that guy with his arse hanging out of his pants is rockin a gansta steez

😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is there a singletrackworld equivalent for Snow Sports?’ is closed to new replies.