Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is there a gadget to fit a 9mm wheel to a 20mm maxle fork
  • ceepers

Hey

I’m about to have a spare rockshox recon fork with a 20mm maxle. My wife’s occasionally used carrera mtb has a nasty sun tour qr fork

Is there a gadget to make her oem 9mm wheel fit my spare maxle fork without buying her a new front wheel?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

depends on the hub

ceepers

It’s just an Unbranded oem one that came with the bike. Halfords website isn’t anymore specific than “alloy with qr”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2 choices, pull it apart and see or probably no as it’s cheap

ceepers

I was thinking more of something that slotted into the fork to allow you to bolt through with a 9mm axle

ampthill

I was thinking more of something that slotted into the fork to allow you to bolt through with a 9mm axle

I see what you are saying but in the end the axle has to end up in line with the hole for the maxle. Other wise the bikes geometry is changed and the brakes are in the wrong place. I can see how you could ever add a lip to fasten to in line with that hole

I hope for you sake I’m wrong

reedspeed
    Free Member

With Hope the world is your oyster !..

warpcow
    Free Member

I can’t see it happening as a Maxle threads into the fork dropout. That’s the reason it does work (for 20->15mm at least) for Fox on the new 36; they’ve gone back to cinch bolts on the dropouts.

reedspeed
    Free Member

If it’s a shimano hub ya can get certain bits !.,issit on sealed bearings or cones ?,with bearings you’ve half a chance ,if not good luck ..

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yee there is. A guy on PB machines a couple of adaptors to enable you to do just what you are asking. Not cheap though at £40 odd but it looks very well made.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Try and buy a 2nd hand wheel with 20mm hub i picked a mavic 721 with unbranded hub 20mm for £30 of fleeabay

granny_ring

40 notes…. 😯

ceepers

@jeffus that’s the conclusion I was comng to!

Thanks for the answers everyone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is there a gadget to fit a 9mm wheel to a 20mm maxle fork’ is closed to new replies.