Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is there a CD release of Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii?
  • ed34
    Free Member

I saw this on tv a few weeks ago, but all i can find is the DVD version, is / was there ever a CD release?

I want that version of ‘Careful with that axe eugine’ as (imho) its better than any of the album ones i have.

Or..

Is there any software that lets me rip the audio tracks from a dvd and convert to MP3? Then i can get the DVD and put tracks on my ipod.

Stoner
    Free Member

audacity from sourceforge will let you rip from your audio channel and then you can get the encoders to turn it into MP3 if you want.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It’s on piratebay.

Apparently.

allthegear
    Free Member

I don’t think there was a CD release. You could use Handbrake to rip the DVD to mp4 file and then something like VLC to just extract the audio track from that.

For your personal use, mind.

Rachel

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s ‘linear’ recording though in’t it Stoner? IE, you have to play the whole thing in real time.

There is a way of doing it quickly, I’m sure a mate of mine did this but then he had full on video editing stuffs so might be too compulcated/spensive.

GrahamS
    ed34
    Free Member

found this freeware that sounds like it might do the job:

http://www.dvd-mp3.org/

My Dvd player also has several audio outputs (L+R phono & a digital one that glows red!) but i havent got any inputs of that type on my laptop!

Might try the free ripping software, but i’m always a bit wary of running that sort of stuff in case its full of nasties 😕

julianwilson
    Free Member

My dad has a bootleg of it, bought at a market in France or Italy years and years ago. Sound quality is ok, but it was basically ripped from the video (complete with all the talking and synth noodling bits in the middle!) and a bit of ‘ok as far as bootlegs go’ packaging. I would just rip the dvd mesself.

‘Echoes’ on that film is just ace. Or as high/pissed-up teenagers we would put it on but with the sound down and different music over the top, that seemed a nice idea at the time.

Stoner
    Free Member

I recorded the program on BBC4 on my PC (WMC)

might have a go at ripping it later and see what file size it is. But not for a while – just about to ride up to the railway station to go to cycle show.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is there a CD release of Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii?’ is closed to new replies.