Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is there a bike computer that is easy to change from bike to bike?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

My old Cateye Cordless 2 gave up the ghost a while ago, this was easy to change from bike to bike as the sensor and clamp were bolt-up type, everything seems to be zip-tied on now which means lots of faffing about with zip-ties or getting another, or 2, sensor and mount kits – expensive and more batteries to replace. I have about 3 bikes I use regularly so would like to swap from bike to bike easily, what's out there, anything??

Ta 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

garmin 205

adamdv8
    Free Member

+1 Garmin

ziggy
    Free Member

Most computers can hold 2 wheel sizes now, just need to buy an extra fitting kit.

higthepig
    Free Member

Another +1 for the Garmin

amplebrew

Garmin for me as well 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

garmin – or nokia sports tracker

druidh
    Free Member

Garmin Edge. You don't need a sensor as the GPS will work out your speed etc. They (305 and 705 anyway) come with two bar mounts and you can buy extra.

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

i am just selling a garmin edge 205 on fleabey ,at £36 and ends friday 19.00 best of luck

karnali
    Free Member

blackburn delphi cheap a cipss about 13.75 from parker international a spare mount is about 10 and they do a nice one that sits under t stem top cap and along the stem. the one i used is wired though i think a more expensive version is wireless.

or a knog one where you can uclip the comp and sensor mount vry easily would just need a spare magnet

karnali
    Free Member

blackburn delphi cheap a cipss about 13.75 from parker international a spare mount is about 10 and they do a nice one that sits under t stem top cap and along the stem. the one i used is wired though i think a more expensive version is wireless.

or a knog one where you can uclip the comp and sensor mount vry easily would just need a spare magnet

if you go down the delphi route i have a spare handle bar mount you can hvea for a coupleof quid and some postage as i hae a tleast one new spare one

andrewh
    Free Member

I've got a Sigma (last forever, my previous Sigma was well over 5yrs old when I lost it) THerefore have two brackets so no probs swapping around. They will do two tyre sizes but mine are the same size anyway.

snakebite
    Free Member

Garmin.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Garmin has annoying design fault. I can't recommmend it anymore.

see here

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is there a bike computer that is easy to change from bike to bike?’ is closed to new replies.